Ryobi 18v one+ chargers

pointedspider

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up 4 li ion batteries for my ryobi drill. I have a P115 charger that is for ni cad.
The li ion batteries have a pin on them that isn't on the ni cad. Surely someone had modded one of these to charge li ion. Any help?

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I just picked up 4 li ion batteries for my ryobi drill. I have a P115 charger that is for ni cad.
The li ion batteries have a pin on them that isn't on the ni cad. Surely someone had modded one of these to charge li ion. Any help?

YES..., Buy a charger for Li-Ion batteries. a Ni Cad charger will NOT work with your new batteries.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6bay "supercharger" is nice.
only charges one battery at a time, but will automatically switch to the next battery when the current one is charged.
makes a nice convenient place to store your batteries too - mine is mounted on my workbench.

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened
That's a good idea Echo...

My Ryobi drill came with two Li-ion 18v+ batteries and their "smart"charger.. it says it'll do the li-ions, nicads, and nimh battery packs. I only have the 18v Li-ion packs, so that's fine by me. Halts charging when it reaches terminal voltage and "says" that it tests the battery pack before charging.. it may just be checking internal resistance or doing something else. They aren't so forth coming with that info; however 99.98% of cordless drill users aren't flashaholics and don't want or need to know those details.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
The 6bay "supercharger" is nice.
only charges one battery at a time, but will automatically switch to the next battery when the current one is charged.
makes a nice convenient place to store your batteries too - mine is mounted on my workbench.

Only one at a time? Where do they get off charging so much money for a chunk of plastic?