• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sales Thread -- La Petite Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Fred, my Petite Killer with Reverse Polarity Converter arrived today and
seems to be working well.

A very nice piece of machining indeed. Thanks. :wave:

roga

Newly Enlightened
My Petite Killer and the Tube arrived today.
They work very well and are true beauties.
Fred, thank you for your great work!
:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my two "Killers" today and all I can say that they are both spectacular. Great work and.....great workERS!!!!

Fred, be sure you have me down for a plain (?) Titanium and possibly one of the special coated numbers!

Karl

paulr

Flashaholic
Anodized Killer arrived a few days ago, what a beautiful little light. I hadn't really comprehended how small it is. It's actually shorter than a Photon II, though of course it's thicker. It is truly at home on a keychain. :thumbsup:

Update: I tried putting in the Berkeley Point titanium split ring, which is about the same diameter as the split ring that came with the Killer, but whose coils are thicker. True to Fred's prediction, it didn't quite fit. I was able to put it on, but the hole in the Killa is only enough for one layer of the split ring coil and not both layers. So the result is that the split ring plopped into place at the spot where there's only one layer, and would not turn freely inside the split ring hole, either rotating in place or flopping back and forth. In fact it was a little bit difficult to get the thing out once it had been put in. Oh well, woulda been cool. Maybe BP will make a smaller one of those rings sometime.

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an update to say that a new batch of reversed polarity converters came in today, so shipping is immediate on the Killer.

All Killers are also now being shipped with two split rings, one a bit smaller that the other, so you can choose which you like. And, at no extra cost, you will also receive a packet of spare parts--one O-ring and an extra silicone gasket to keep the battery quiet.

Last edited:

The Closer

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbsFred, the Lil Killer arrived today, WOW!!!!!!!!! Cool all the way around, definetly a keeper. Thanks.

paulr

Flashaholic
Will there be a separate sales thread for AAA Killers? I think I'd rather have a complete AAA Killer (if that's the right name for it) as a companion for my LPK, than one head and two battery tubes.

X_Marine

Enlightened
Well I know you have been busy Fred. More than a few weeks ago I received and envelope in the mail from you and was a little puzzled. After opening I found the new o-rings and an explanation as to their use.
Although I was totally content with my bare Killer, this has added just a little more touch of class.. :twothumbs

I know you are prolly just recovering from all the fun of making these little cuties, :ohgeez::D, but thought I would see if the TiN plating had been scheduled as of yet?.

No hurry, mine is working fine I just thought I would ask.

Many thanks for all the great service and product.
buttrock.gif

X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Billy,

There's good news on two fronts:

One, I now have a silicone gasket for the Killers that replaces the O-ring in the bottom of the battery tube. This holds the battery in place perfectly--there is no more inadvertent movement of the battery at all, and thus no flickering, period. I will be mailing those to anyone who bought the original Killers or the upgrades before I had the silicone gasket on hand.

Second, yes, I have sent a bunch of Killers out for PVD coating, and one of those is TiN. Here's a poor photo that I got back from the shop--hopefully these might be in my hands next week and, if so, then I will post better photos.

PVD-COATING-TiN.jpg

Also, the PVD coating won't be too expensive either--maximum increase should be no more than $20, most likely a lot less.

paulr

Flashaholic
Very nice job with the TiN coating. I'm wondering if maybe the gold color looks a little bit too bling (a matter of taste of course).

It occurs to me, the AAA Killer is a little thicker than other 1AAA lights because it's the same diameter as the SR44 model--is that right? Do you think of making a thinner AAA-only model? I just don't see interchangeability of the battery tubes as being that useful, I'm perfectly happy to have two completely separate lights whose parts don't swap. It would be different if the battery tube was a $15 accessory, but with the AAA tube costing almost as much as the whole light, I'm in for a second light.

Another thought: could there be a way to adjust the tail shape, so the lanyard hole could take the BP titanium split ring? If that results in the light gaining 0.5mm in length or something like that, it's less critical than it would be for the SR44 model.

An AA version would also be interesting...

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul,

Tin a bit blingish? For some that is probably true, and that is why I'm having six different coating samples done. I know that many will want the ALTiN, since I've had numerous requests for it already, while a fewer number have requested the TiN. There will be something for everyone, hopefully.

The AAA battery tube was a much requested option, so that is why it was made originally. Then a lot of folks wanted just the AAA Killer, so that is why there are now two Killers. At the moment, I have no plan to introduce a AA version.

Yes, the thickness was dictated, to some degree, by the diameter of the 357 battery, but the diameter of the driver is about the same, so one could say that dictated the diameter as well. I'm sure that a smaller diameter board could be built to suit the thinner AAA battery, but I'm not about to spend the money doing it.

Ti doesn't make for good split rings, or rather I should say that there aren't any good Ti split rings available. Even BP notes that their ring isn't that strong or resilient. SS split rings are tough, attractive and available in a wide variety of sizes. So, at the moment, the Killer's attachment point will stay as is.

Future Killers might be brighter, with a better LED, depending on sourcing both a higher mA driver and better, i.e., whiter, LED. And, of course, will continue to be offered as bare Ti, anodized Ti, or PVD coated Ti.

Thanks for the comments--hope I've addressed them all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.