Saved an early '80s SL20 from the trash pile.

Steady Fred

Newly Enlightened
Intact switch, with the ON/OFF plate still on and no switch chipping or damage. Lens ring has diamond pattern around the outside instead of the parallel lines of later '80s SL20s:

MxHDL.jpg

New charger, battery, lens and bulb, works GREAT

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
One mans junk is another mans treasure. Do you know the person who threw it away or was this just some random find?

Steady Fred

Newly Enlightened
One mans junk is another mans treasure. Do you know the person who threw it away or was this just some random find?

A little of both. Someone at work was cleaning out their office, and it was piled up on top of a bunch of other stuff. I raided the pile for other cool stuff, but this was special. I bought an SL20 in 1984, and it was the second generation of this light. As far back as then I wanted an original SL20. There was no charger sleeve with, but I got an Empire charger with a charge indicator that wil, hopefully keep me from frying batteries:)

ericjohn

Enlightened
Isn't this one of the direct descendents of the Kel-Lite? I know Maglite and Streamlight are both inspired by the former Kel Lite. Anyways I just think that's pretty good that you found one in the trash no less. That's pretty good.

varmint

Enlightened
1st I do have an old Kel Light if anyone needs it with a story behind it, would trade for?????
2nd I use a SL20 Streamlight almost daily which I bought in 1979 and used every sicnce then.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
1st I do have an old Kel Light if anyone needs it with a story behind it, would trade for?????
2nd I use a SL20 Streamlight almost daily which I bought in 1979 and used every sicnce then.

Wow, since 1979, I wasn't even born yet:) I guess that speaks volumes on the reliability of streamlights. Do you have any guess as to how many bulbs and batteries you've had to replace in that time?