• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SF M6-R order information and updates

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,

No M6-R work got done today. After returning from errands and after supper, I discovered that our roof had sprung a leak and got our bedding all wet. We had to rearrange everything to move the beds away from the danger zone and wash and dry stuff. And the leak is still there. This sort of thing has been happening on and off since we started renting the place. If it wasn't such a great deal (with heat included, too!) I would have put up more of a fuss about it before. But this time, it hit a sensitive target--not just the closet area. No fun. No fun at all. I'll have to have a stronger than usual sort of talk with my landlord about this. There are only so many times you can put a bandaid on a roof. At some point you just have to admit defeat and re-shingle the damn thing. I think that time has come. But of course, being the beginning of winter and all . . .

Whatever. Anyway. Sorry again folks. I'll try for tomorrow.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
78CJ5,

The cells are good for 500+ cycles before they start to lose capacity, but even then, it is a gradual fall-off from 100 percent. So, the M6-R pack should be essentially unlimited, unless you really use the heck out of your M6 (like every day). Or unless you do something stupid like leave your M6-R pack overcharging 24/7. That will kill the cells in a matter of months, I should think. So don't do it.

78CJ5

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info Jim.

I sent you an email to get on the notify list.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. I was waiting to post until I could say that x number of orders were going out, but I haven't had enough brain cells fully functioning to do the final, tricky operations required to fully assemble an M6-R pack. So I have been working on M6-R stuff, but not the final assembly stuff. Tonight I worked on making up auto-adaptor cables, for example, and I have been making up and brazing more copper end caps. Plus, I have been somewhat busy with USL battery breaking-in, too. Point is, that while I haven't got any orders ready to go out, I have still been doing work. I hope that tomorrow after I get up I wll feel productive enough to get at least one or two packs finished, and if I do that, the orders will be ready to go out with only a little bit more work. So I could be sending out orders Monday morning, but it will depend on how I feel and how I sleep. These graveyard shifts really suck. It'd be one thing if I went on this rotation and stayed on it for a month or something. Then I'd get aclimated to them. But I only do from 4 to 7 nights of them and then switch back to some other shift. This wreaks havoc with my physical and mental fitness.

And unfortunately, I need more than just time to do M6-R work. I need to be "up for it" and mentally on top of my game. There's the rub. If it were just grunt work, I'd be done with the 1st run by now. But it's not. Ah well. I sincerely apologzie to anyone and everyone who is still waiting and getting a bit tired of it. I am very aware of how long ago it was that I started this build run. Very painfully aware.

On another note, I will be making a "Part 2" of this thread presently and will post the link below.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SF M6-R order information and updates - Part 2 thread is now up and active. Please post to it from now on.

Moderators, if you see this part2 type action of mine, please do NOT lock this thread as I will need to keep editing the first post of it. Thanks. Obviously, PM me if this is unacceptable and I will make the appropriate arrangements to transfer the first post of this thread to the first post of part 2.

Thanks

Latest posts