Shinginbeam pRocket ?

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Hey all..
Light failed, stopped working 100%..SO I started poking n prodding....Took apart the pill thing, and it seemed like a wire has broken off.
I figured I could resolder one wire...Wrong. Both leads came off...bad solder job. But I love this light..So I pressed on and tried to resolder everything...
In the end I did a bad job on the driver board and couldnt get the wires to stick top side on the LED pad. SO I gave it to my friend who is an ace, and he got everything
soldered, but now the light is High only...Not L-M-H....
He took it apart and went through everything, sucking my glob of solder off etc...seperating what looked like a solder job I did connecting two legs of an IC... But maybe it was supposed to be like that?
In the end it is still a High only light. Not the end of the world but is there something I should be looking for or maybe I ought to replace the driver altogether if it isnt too expensive....
thoughts?
Thanks
Tony

Leadwind

Newly Enlightened
Shiningbeam's site carries a 3 mode 2.8amp driver for $6.35. I'd probably guess it's the same the driver used in the p-rocket. Or if you're willing to wait on an order from China, you can find similar or better drivers for about $3-6.