Shout Out for Surefire customer service

wbnash

Newly Enlightened
3 years ago I was participating in a lowlight and night shooting course out in the desert at a private range in Tucson. I wandered into the desert one night to answer the call of nature and sometime later noticed that my Sure E1B Backup light was missing. It did not turn up in a search.

Last month I took another course at the same range and the owner presented me with my light that he had found. Cows roam the area when the range is not in use and the light had been in dust, rain, wind, etc. for 3 years.

I cleaned it up a bit and it still worked, albeit intermittently.

I call Surefire, told them the deal and they said send it in. Today I received a completely rebuilt light....at no charge.

I have been a Surefire fan for years. They are a bit more costly than some, but they always work and the customer service is top drawer.

hamhanded

Enlightened
Wow, did you happen to get a picture of the light after 3 years in the elements?

BillBond

Newly Enlightened
How come?
The most common thing they did that pissed me off was they would say they would send a replacement part such as a tailcap or pocket clip and never did.

Or warranty anything that was sent in for repair/replacement.

However I am still a Surefire addict with over 4 dozen Surefire lights, I just purchase replacement parts off eBay.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
The most common thing they did that pissed me off was they would say they would send a replacement part such as a tailcap or pocket clip and never did.

Or warranty anything that was sent in for repair/replacement.

However I am still a Surefire addict with over 4 dozen Surefire lights, I just purchase replacement parts off eBay.

That's unfortunate. I've requested a lot of parts from them and they always deliver.

There was one time where I sent in an early model e2d led for a lens replacement, and they replaced the entire head with a newer model instead. Not really what I wanted, but they did give me a hefty discount code to use and I ended up with a newer model light so I was satisfied in the end.