Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received this one last week while on vacation and picked it up at the post office yesterday. Mint in box crosshair M3:

m3-ch-2.jpg

m3-ch-1.jpg

Eric

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great looking M3!

I should know this, but what date/year range was the crosshair logo used?

luisma

Enlightened
I can verify that Surefire did make prototypes with UV LED's I got one and this one is PURE Surefire these LED where not added aftermarket. Scallop bezel and long clip. Here are a few pics:

Here are a couple pics.

aqy2epez.jpg

re4u4a3a.jpg

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received this one last week while on vacation and picked it up at the post office yesterday. Mint in box crosshair M3:

m3-ch-1.jpg

Eric

Very Nice Eric :thumbsup: NIB still with the tag does not get much better than that.
I only have the one M3 with a bezel like that I think the early ones are more common with the knurling on the last part of the bezel not the front like yours.

:wave:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the purpose of the DEF3D? I'm familiar with the DEF1, 2 and 3 but always wondered about the 3D variant.

This information was from Darksides himself after he had spoken with the owner of that very light a high ranking Naval officer.

"It's designed specifically for use on military flight decks to illuminate crew members at night and for pre-flight inspections"

So I would say with the rear lights crews could be seen front and back.
He also noted that only 60 where made.

Chase5820

Newly Enlightened
Re: Post Your RARE/UNUSUAL SUREFIRES:

In case anyone wondered where these have landed.........
I also figured Tempest's C2 was getting lonely and might like a little company.:)
IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

That is an amazing setup! The display case is very well thought out!

dinokay

Enlightened

Here are the oldest I have in the collection, can someone give me some insight on the two laser production models with no side markings, Thanks.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here are the oldest I have in the collection, can someone give me some insight on the two laser production models with no side markings, Thanks.

Those two are the 6Z (predecessor to the Z2) and the 9P Classic, both probably from the late 1990's. The 6Z used the P60 and P61 incandescent lamp assemblies while the 9P used the P90 and P91.

SureFire 6Z CombatLight Fact Sheet

SureFire 9P Classic Fact Sheet

That's a nice looking D3 Defender you have there with them also! :thumbsup:

dinokay

Enlightened

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Theres a LOT of really nice lights in this thread!

All I can muster up at the moment is this nice light user grade E2e with a really nice bronze anodizing like a lot of the early Surefires had and a flat bezel along with Z52 twisty. I threw some batteries in it the other night and enjoyed some old fashioned incan goodness!

This picture does a good job of showing the anodising color difference. There is also minimum laser engraving on this one.

nevermind.....guess I cant post pics anymore.
I hate hate my computer!!!!

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

All I can muster up at the moment is this nice light user grade E2e with a really nice bronze anodizing like a lot of the early Surefires had and a flat bezel along with Z52 twisty. I threw some batteries in it the other night and enjoyed some old fashioned incan goodness!

You have mustered up plenty of lights in this thread over the years and without your contribution it would not have been half the thread it is.
So all I can say to you is a big thank you for many of hours drooling over all of your old post. :thumbsup:

Meganoggin

Enlightened

DaFab! Great to see you back here! :wave:

I have missed your posts.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys!:wave:
I do miss my Surefire collection and there are more than a few I regret selling.
The few SF things that I did keep are too hard to put a price on, so I figure I'll just hold onto them.

I'll be talking to my computer nut friend to see if he can figure out why my computer won't let me post pics and add a few after it gets fixed.

Theres a lot of cool stuff in this thread....the prototypes are always interesting!:D
Looking forward to more pictures!:thumbsup:

luisma

Enlightened

This picture does a good job of showing the anodising color difference. There is also minimum laser engraving on this one.

nevermind.....guess I cant post pics anymore.
I hate hate my computer!!!!

Glad to see you are back posting, I can tell you that part of me being a collector of Surefire lights is because of you and your incredible collection. I can't tell you how many times I have read these threads from page 1 to the last and downloaded all the pictures to see them over and over again. You did a great job starting the threads and keeping it going. I usually can't wait to see what new pictures are posted, it feels good to see them as much as collecting them.

Luis

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow! It's great to hear from all you guys! :wave:
I now sit on the sidelines watching all of your amazing collections!:popcorn::thumbsup:
Collecting was a lot of fun but I felt bad that most of those lights sat in a pelican case inside my safe unless they were taken out to show or fondle.
So I decided it was time to let them go to new homes.

You guys really find some crazy stuff and must have some pretty amazing connections or LOTS of luck!
Always look forward to seeing the posts here! and it should be interesting to see what else still hasn't been shown!

Here's the E2e I was describing:
The bronze colored anodizing remind me of a few generation 1 HAIII 6P's that I used to have.
It's too bad SF stopped using this color...seems exclusive to the older model batches.

photobucket-3294-1387097034554.jpg

photobucket-4757-1387096930663.jpg

photobucket-7320-1387096847099.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.