SL TL-2 LED...Impressions

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The post does appear to be plastic with a shrink wrap boot around it, but the real question is "what is the plastic part of the post surrounding?" Is it solid plastic, or is there a shaft of aluminum in the center attached to the base of the emitter? Hence why I mentioned "dissection"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Y2Kirk1028 said:
Perhaps this might help.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kirk, why yes it does! Am I interpreting your photos correctly that it is a semi-destructive operation to access the stock resistor board? Also, is that stepped alumimun plug of the lamp assembly a fairly snug fit into the battery tube?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Y2Kirk - Thanks! I think that's exactly what we needed to see. Too bad they didn't make the post out of aluminum... The anode has to serve as the only thermal connection.

hideo

Enlightened
my 2 cents worth on a gently pre-owned TL-2 I just got--pretty much an echo of PJD and JohnK--very impressive light/$

very white, very uniform and intense center for a 1W (my Q3J in a M*g 2D has a brighter center spot, but smaller--obviously not a fair comparison, reflectorwise and the exceptional mini-LGI is comparable, but has the gradual falloff of an optic 1W and is not as white)

fells very good in the hand and the switch does not require a simian thumb to actuate

looking at jcciv's excellent pics looks like they didn't go the extra mile, but since it's a production light that don't totally shock me

hideo