Small digital multimeter suggestion?

KurtS

Newly Enlightened
I'm traveling and I'd like to take a small digital multimeter with me. Auto-ranging would be good. Cheap would be good in case it disappears (why I'm leaving my Fluke at home!).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

kuna

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm not sure what you mean by small but I think an amprobe am220 would be good. It's about $45 and has good accuracy and would make a good secondary multimeter after your trip.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
Be sure to note that, going by the specs, neither of those can measure current if you want to check a flashlight's drain.

IleneHoward

Newly Enlightened
Get a small digital multi-meter from Radio Shack. Cheap, portable, simple and easy to use and fairly accurate. I've had these for many years and have never had any issues, haven't even had to replace the batteries.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
KurtS, I have that DMM. Used it for a few years, with good results. Not as accurate as some of the higher priced DMM's but adequate for reading voltages of Li-Ions. I've kept it as a back-up, and use a Fluke otherwise.

Bill

markr6

Flashaholic
KurtS, I have that DMM. Used it for a few years, with good results. Not as accurate as some of the higher priced DMM's but adequate for reading voltages of Li-Ions. I've kept it as a back-up, and use a Fluke otherwise.

Bill

I have it too and couldn't be happier. The probe holders are useless, but I just wrap them around the whole unit anyway.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a couple of small pocket sized DMM...brand is Sanwa Made in Japan cost around $55 each...very happy with them

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

Sberk1

Newly Enlightened
I have a similar situation. Harbor Freight has one the is free with a coupon. I suspect it would be a great example of "you get what you pay for" I bought a Craftsman on sale for $9.99. Ithink regular price was about $22. It has a rubber cover on it, making it more drop resistant.