So many options....Leads to confusion.

JustinM

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

I currently have a led lenser p7 and like it but want something new.

What I'm looking for:
-Rechargeable or takes rechargeable batteries
-Beam range higher than P7 (210+ meters)
- Cost between $50.00 & $150.00
-Multiple lumen settings and one with low lumens to conserve battery.
-For size I'd like it to be around the same or smaller than the P7.
-Not Led Lenser (looking for a different brand this time)

I'm currently have the nitecore P25 on my list but am looking for more options.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Justin

stona

Newly Enlightened
You've got very broad criteria there and a lot of single 18650 sized lights will fit the bill easily. That P25 is getting a bit long. Take a look at zebralight sc600, one of the smaller 18650 powered lights and you can set the low setting pretty damn low. I EDC a fenix PD35 and absolutely love it.

What are you using the light for? What beam pattern do you need/want...floody? Throwy? Tint preferences?

I'd suggest you go through selfbuilt's and other's reviews here and have a look at the beamshots of the different lights. It'll give you a nice feel for how they compare against one another.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really in the same boat.
Live been looking at the BTU Shocker, and similar lights. Right now I have a convoy m1 with a MT G2 that I built myself, but I would like something with more throw. Ill be staying tuned here to see recommendations as the op has the same criteria as I do however broad it may be . :)

JustinM

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice. The two lights you suggested would require I buy rechargeable batteries and a charger correct?(if I want them to be rechargeable.)

I'm looking for an all around light, I want it to be able to use it around the house or seeing what's in the trees when I'm camping. I guess I'm a bit stuck with what kind of beam I'm looking for because the p7 is ajustable I'm use to being able to switch between the two. I'd say priority would be throw but will throwy lights still work very good if I use it as a walking light as well? I've spent a good deal of time looking at reviews on here and keep bouncing back and forth on what I want.

JustinM

Newly Enlightened
Oh I missed the question about tint. I'm looking for a white or maybe blue.

JustinM

Newly Enlightened
Thanks CJ I like the T25C2. Can't find anywhere in Australia though and not sure if I'm up for an 8 week wait for postage. Fingers crossed I find a place here that stocks them. Also one more question are all rechargeable batteries and chargers created equal or can you suggest good brands?

Tmac you may want to check out the nitecore P12 I've added it to my maybe list.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Thanks CJ I like the T25C2. Can't find anywhere in Australia though and not sure if I'm up for an 8 week wait for postage.
Justin my average sipping time is around ten days, I had a package delivered from the States right before Christmas in four days although that was really an exception.

Norm

JustinM

Newly Enlightened
Norm you might be right it may not be as long and may be worth the wait.

I also found the G25C2. Can anyone tell me the difference between it and the t25c2 other than the g series is a bit larger.

stona

Newly Enlightened
Thanks CJ I like the T25C2. Can't find anywhere in Australia though and not sure if I'm up for an 8 week wait for postage. Fingers crossed I find a place here that stocks them. Also one more question are all rechargeable batteries and chargers created equal or can you suggest good brands?

Tmac you may want to check out the nitecore P12 I've added it to my maybe list.

Nope, not all batteries are created equal. With the 18650 size, read up on lithium ion battery safety in the battery section of the forum. If you stick with a good quality protected cell, you really shouldn't have any problems. AW, Eagletac, Fenix, Redilast are a few brands that come to mind. If you look in the subforum there are battery and charger reviews. Also, it's a good idea to get a DMM so you can check the battery voltage pre and post charge.

waxycap

Newly Enlightened
I highly recommend the Streamlight 88040 ProTAC HL.
It is water sealed (but not fully water-proof), has a "ten-click" programmable mode, (which gets you around having to start it up on the high setting)
a nice, pure white (not tinted) floody light on high, (orange peel reflector) and a soft rubber tail clicky.
It's ridiculously bright on high and battery life is long if you only use the low setting.

JustinM

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the help I ended up going with the G25C2 MKII with a Soshine SC-S2 Battery Charger. Think it should be just what I was looking for. :)