Sofirn C01 for 2020

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine are on the slow boat. Getting buyers remorse. Really like the co1s's. Thinking the co1 's will be drawer queens

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
the 5mm Red beam is not what I like...
9OC1x4I.jpg

so I diffused it with a film that I have...
g4AVTSx.jpg

that's better...

and the Sophia LED beam...
V8PIm23.jpg

acceptable but could be better, so...
4AZJFrA.jpg

tested the output... a drop of less than 0.5 lumens on the Sophia C01 after sticking the film...
KLADEwv.jpg

this is not DC-fix, it's just a film I found at Ace H/W back in 2012... it let through more light than DC-Fix:
5aMtWqc.jpg

3f7Ts2Y.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Liking the film idea RD. Reverse-able is a good thing.

Until I became a member of CPF I never knew the beam of my flashlight sucked.

Now before joining I did have one called PT something or other from the checkout counter area of an auto parts store that was pretty bad. I called it the frozen fried egg beam because it was bright yellow in the center, a huge white ring of spill with a purple border.
I sanded the lens with a Scotch Brite pad in a bunch of X's to give the beam a tic-tac-toe board look to go along with the ridiculous three color beam. It hangs in my bathroom to this day just in case power goes out and I did not have another one with me.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Mine are on the slow boat. Getting buyers remorse. Really like the co1s's. Thinking the co1 's will be drawer queens
They actually compliment each other. The C01 is comparable to the C01S on low as far as its ability to light a room, however the C01S is a thrower and the C01 is floodier spreader of light.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Burgess

Flashaholic
Now --

If somebody could just produce an AA cell body for these Little Gems !

lovecpf
_

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I would buy a complete collection in AA if they made them like these AAAs. I'm very impressed.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
C01R is numero uno in my quiver..
Outdoors Deep Red rules. While messing with chain link gate locks on low 0.5 lm (extremely covert beam) I shot high beam (36 lm) at neighbors two "watch dogs" a couple Dane size Doodles. Two dogs that incessantly bark at anything, I got not even a growl from either of the hairy beasts
Set C01R to mid level (9 lm) and went about my business unnoticed from animals or neighbors:devil:

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
C01R is numero uno in my quiver..
Outdoors Deep Red rules. While messing with chain link gate locks on low 0.5 lm (extremely covert beam) I shot high beam (36 lm) at neighbors two "watch dogs" a couple Dane size Doodles. Two dogs that incessantly bark at anything, I got not even a growl from either of the hairy beasts
Set C01R to mid level (9 lm) and went about my business unnoticed from animals or neighbors:devil:

This sounds great. It will be my first red emitter and it shipped today. Very much looking forward to this one.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hugh, You won't be disappointed

The only thing that could make the C01R better is an AA version. Just gotta make sure AAA batt is topped off when headed out..

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
At last. All of Sophia's available ATM installed in C01.
L-R: 5800k, 5000k, 4500k, 3400k (actual sale), 3200k (@120mA/NichiaGS successor), 2300k
The other photo is oposite lineup.
883e0f6a4fb3e2e5925faf14ad290bc9.jpg

3984ec3f3bfc403c26ac942e0ce5b6eb.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine have been in limbo for days on end. No clue if they have gotten lost or what. I've got some serious budget light envy going on

bykfixer

Flashaholic
In both cases my orders took about a week to leave Asia then once they landed in the US it took a few more days.

Order 1 shipped same day I ordered. 11 days order to arrival.
Order 2 was a week before it shipped. 19 day order to arrival.
Both orders were placed well before the Christmas rush set in.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine have been in limbo for days on end. No clue if they have gotten lost or what. I've got some serious budget light envy going on

BB, if you don't already know.. postal dot ninja is a great tracking site for overseas deliveries..

My second order is expected to arrive next week. It's been a little over two weeks now..

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I'm using it. I've been well over a month. Not too concerned though and not really in a hurry for them.

Last edited: