• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD FS: Haiku, LS, LS-27, Drake, Draco, Wee

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Haiku, LS, LS-27, Drake, Draco, Wee

#8 looks to be a Photons International ION in titanium. Photons International was the name of Muyshondt's first company and the ION was the name of the first generation light that went on to become the Aeon. You can tell the difference between the ION and Aeon by the collar between the head and body where the Aeon is brass and the ION is aluminum. The ION is powered by the Cree X-Lamp that provides a nice, even floody beam and like other Muyshodt lights, is quite efficient with long primary battery life.
Nice price, nice score!!

heckboy

Enlightened

Yes, you are probably right on that. I don't know why the heck I type TiN for the coating...

Haha, right !

By the way, OP, I don't think that Drake is TiN coated. It is difficult to tell without seeing it in person (depends on the exact shade of color) but it could be TiCN, AlTiN, or DLC.

heckboy

Enlightened

I wish I knew.

The fact is that I bought this light ~10 years ago and don't remember. If you are familiar with McGizmo's builds; he builds alot lights and alot of versions. I've decided that if this doesn't sell soon I'll invest the time in trying research the LE. Frankly, I'm not too excited to do that...

Here's the question: how much does it matter? Is there a McGizmo with a really bad LE? I don't think so.

What's the LE in the Haiku?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish I knew.

The fact is that I bought this light ~10 years ago and don't remember. If you are familiar with McGizmo's builds; he builds alot lights and alot of versions. I've decided that if this doesn't sell soon I'll invest the time in trying research the LE. Frankly, I'm not too excited to do that...

Here's the question: how much does it matter? Is there a McGizmo with a really bad LE? I don't think so.

You can just take a picture! It's probably either the 3S or the Hive. But the LE does make a difference for sure, as it's what ultimately decides the functionality of the light.

archimedes

Flashaholic

.... I've decided that if this doesn't sell soon I'll invest the time in trying research the LE. Frankly, I'm not too excited to do that...

I would say it likely does matter to most buyers on CPF, but of course it is also replaceable by a more modern version (with updated emitter and/or driver) rather easily :shrug:

Close-up clear macro photos would help a lot, if available.

heckboy

Enlightened

It turns out, I have the capability to produce images...:D

Link to Haiku LED

I would say it likely does matter to most buyers on CPF, but of course it is also replaceable by a more modern version (with updated emitter and/or driver) rather easily :shrug:

sidfishez

Newly Enlightened

Thank you for the photo heckboy. It's the XRE, but for my use i would need to find another LE and reflector. PM sent to you

sidfishez

Newly Enlightened

Payment sent Paypal Haiku

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Type of reflector would also vary depending on LE type.

heckboy

Enlightened

The Drake and Draco were really cool pocket rockets back in the day (2006). I was always searching for better more interesting keychain lights and jumped to them eventually.

The Drake was the first I purchased, I don't remember if direct from modamag or "used." I liked the form factor of the light a lot and the 10180 cell didn't cause me any concerns. With a nano charger and a few small magnets charging was no big deal. I never ran this light down; it was a POCKET light. Not like you want to go searching a place crash site with it. The thing that I didn't find satisfying was the cool beam tint. It is even a little green, but that's what we had in those days and we liked it. :)

The Flupic controller is a really a neat setup. The Drake and Draco lights for sale have are Flupic V3. Over here there is a "old timer" thread where a discussion of the Flupic controller is in center stage. For a pocket light this a really sophisticated system. You can probably search up hours of reading on this controller!

The order thread for the Drake is here. There is a lot of information on the light in that thread. It was a project bootstrapped right here on CPF.

The Draco was my 2nd of the two lights. I liked the beam tint a lot more, it is warmer and pretty pleasant. The finish is chrome. What can I say about that, either you are all in (like me) or not. It was hard to resist. This was a used light purchase, and it lived on a keychain for a good while. I like the form factor of the Draco, it's very easy to handle and since these are twisties, a little length does no harm.

The Draco uses a 10280 so it's got a longer runtime than the Drake, but as a pocket light I don't know how relevant that really is.

Over here you'll find the original build thread. This has lots of interesting information on the build and how this light got boot straped with the support of CPF.

I thought with these little lights getting overshadowed by the McGizmos they deserved a look too. These two are every bit as interesting and classy as a McG, they just happen to fit on your keychain. To help things along a little I've made price changes to them both as well to better reflect the world today.

BAD42551-927F-46EF-8884-72D38FF35AE7.jpgA6A4D5E4-3525-40D3-8DC3-A1424031ED5B.jpg

sidfishez

Newly Enlightened

The Haiku showed up in todays mail. Great packing and the Haiku is quite nice. Thanks again!!

kevinm

Enlightened

The Drake and Draco were really cool pocket rockets back in the day (2006). I was always searching for better more interesting keychain lights and jumped to them eventually.

The Drake was the first I purchased, I don't remember if direct from modamag or "used." I liked the form factor of the light a lot and the 10180 cell didn't cause me any concerns. With a nano charger and a few small magnets charging was no big deal. I never ran this light down; it was a POCKET light. Not like you want to go searching a place crash site with it. The thing that I didn't find satisfying was the cool beam tint. It is even a little green, but that's what we had in those days and we liked it. :)

The Flupic controller is a really a neat setup. The Drake and Draco lights for sale have are Flupic V3. Over here there is a "old timer" thread where a discussion of the Flupic controller is in center stage. For a pocket light this a really sophisticated system. You can probably search up hours of reading on this controller!

The order thread for the Drake is here. There is a lot of information on the light in that thread. It was a project bootstrapped right here on CPF.

The Draco was my 2nd of the two lights. I liked the beam tint a lot more, it is warmer and pretty pleasant. The finish is chrome. What can I say about that, either you are all in (like me) or not. It was hard to resist. This was a used light purchase, and it lived on a keychain for a good while. I like the form factor of the Draco, it's very easy to handle and since these are twisties, a little length does no harm.

The Draco uses a 10280 so it's got a longer runtime than the Drake, but as a pocket light I don't know how relevant that really is.

Over here you'll find the original build thread. This has lots of interesting information on the build and how this light got boot straped with the support of CPF.

I thought with these little lights getting overshadowed by the McGizmos they deserved a look too. These two are every bit as interesting and classy as a McG, they just happen to fit on your keychain. To help things along a little I've made price changes to them both as well to better reflect the world today.

View attachment 11136View attachment 11137

Are you including the Nano charger and batteries with these?