• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SOLD LD02vn - IMR10440 Clicky EDC

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: LD02vn - IMR10440 Clicky EDC

That sucks. I really wanted this to be my first vn light. I was trying to figure out which emitter I wanted. Please tell us there are going to be more.

There will not be more for sure. Reasons to come!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

For buyers of LD02vn

These LD02vn are even tougher to mod then them TISvn and MaratacVN! LOL

The pills are glued very tightly. Nothing do would get them out. Finally I have to resort to WD40 and lots of heat.

LD02vn pill removal 1/2 Lots of heat but only driver broke out. Not the pill.

LD02vn pill removal 2/2 Added more heat and then pill came out.

I bought 10 total, 2 are ruined. 8 were successfully modded. 3 turned out perfect. The other 5 turned out less than perfect for various reasons. I will randomly draw your names and a light and ask if you still want it providing you with a description of your light. If you pass on it I will issue a refund.

All the lights are modded with XPG2 5000K for simplicity sake. XPL, doesn't fit too well.

I will not mod anymore...OK here we go...

Luxion

Newly Enlightened

Unbelievable and thank you Vinh for taking the time to shoot these videos and share them with us. You are obviously a very patient person. It really sucks that Fenix glues them like this because I was not exaggerating when I said my LD02vn is my favorite light. When manufacturers do this are they just trying to prevent people from modding them or is it a durability thing? I guess I got lucky because I see nothing on the outside or inside of mine that tells me its been opened up and I assume mine was the first one you modded since it was well before you announced this light. Hopefully mine wasn't the one that led you down this path to start with.......

scintillator

Enlightened

I feel your pain and I like it.
I am in and will be happy with the outcome.
:popcorn:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Unbelievable and thank you Vinh for taking the time to shoot these videos and share them with us. You are obviously a very patient person. It really sucks that Fenix glues them like this because I was not exaggerating when I said my LD02vn is my favorite light. When manufacturers do this are they just trying to prevent people from modding them or is it a durability thing? I guess I got lucky because I see nothing on the outside or inside of mine that tells me its been opened up and I assume mine was the first one you modded since it was well before you announced this light. Hopefully mine wasn't the one that led you down this path to start with.......

I have been wanting to release a AAA size clicky for a while now since I got the DriverVN2. This light is an excellent candidate if it's not glued. Good thing I only ordered 10. Phew :)

scintillator

Enlightened

acetone will disolve superglue,I am sure you knew this but I just thought I would mention it.

Capolini

Banned

Luxion quote:

"When manufacturers do this are they just trying to prevent people from modding them or is it a durability thing? "
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My guess is it is for durability. Why would a manufacturer reduce their sales with a light that can be/is very popular to mod?

EX: K40vn I think Vinh sold at least 200 of these,,,probably more than 300! Definitely in my TOP 3! :cool:

Hopefully a solution will eradicate the issue at hand.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

eradicate---It's funny when I see this word I think of shooting something up--Nutria Rats come to mind first

Luxion

Newly Enlightened

"When manufacturers do this are they just trying to prevent people from modding them or is it a durability thing? "
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My guess is it is for durability. Why would a manufacturer reduce their sales with a light that can be/is very popular to mod?

EX: K40vn I think Vinh sold at least 200 of these,,,probably more than 300! Definitely in my TOP 3! :cool:

Hopefully a solution will eradicate the issue at hand.[/QUOTE]

That what I thought too, but for them to go to that extreme for a light no larger than my pinky finger and only weighs 16 grams it seems a little extreme. I also thought about the Vinh wannabe that goes to REI and buys an LD02 and screws it up trying to mod it, returns it to REI stating that it just won't turn on, gets his credit and the light goes back to Fenix where they find it was opened up. Anyway, just my typical over analyzing and thanks for answering Capolini!

Luxion

Newly Enlightened

I have been wanting to release a AAA size clicky for a while now since I got the DriverVN2. This light is an excellent candidate if it's not glued. Good thing I only ordered 10. Phew :)

Vinh, How about the LumaPower LM21? It's about a 1/2" longer than the LD02 and the quality is probably not as good as Fenix, but as a host it might be a good option for an AAA clicky and its cheaper than the LD02 as well.

Tacitus

Enlightened

eradicate---It's funny when I see this word I think of shooting something up--Nutria Rats come to mind first
What's the bounty these days?

Vinh, Thanks for the effort! Heres hoping you find suitable AAA clicky to work on in the future.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

For buyers of LD02vn

These LD02vn are even tougher to mod then them TISvn and MaratacVN! LOL

The pills are glued very tightly. Nothing do would get them out. Finally I have to resort to WD40 and lots of heat.

LD02vn pill removal 1/2 Lots of heat but only driver broke out. Not the pill.

LD02vn pill removal 2/2 Added more heat and then pill came out.

I bought 10 total, 2 are ruined. 8 were successfully modded. 3 turned out perfect. The other 5 turned out less than perfect for various reasons. I will randomly draw your names and a light and ask if you still want it providing you with a description of your light. If you pass on it I will issue a refund.

All the lights are modded with XPG2 5000K for simplicity sake. XPL, doesn't fit too well.

I will not mod anymore...OK here we go...

I feel your pain. A week ago I modded my own LD02. Getting the pill out was unbelievably annoying. Took me half an hour and I'd pretty much almost written off the light when it finally started to move.

I didn't use heat though. Instead I started with the two tiny holes in the stock driver. I drilled them slightly wider with a pin vise drill. Then I inserted needle nosed pliers into those holes and turned. It took a colossal amount of force. So much so that my pliers were bending quite a bit and I was worried they'd break ... but eventually the glue gave way and the pill started to turn.

lumentia

Enlightened

Vinh, I can make you a tool similar to what the factory uses if you like. Should take the pill out much easier.