• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Luce de Notte

StrayLight

Enlightened
Two-tone (brushed ribs & polished grooves) 6061 aluminum Luce de Notte by PhotonFanatic. Ice blue 11mm tritium sphere.

Asking $200 $190 $180 SOLD

lights%20%26%20tools%20157.jpg

lights%20%26%20tools%20129.jpg

Prices include priority shipping with delivery confirmation in the CONUS (insurance & international shipping extra). Paypal and money order accepted domestically, Paypal from "verified" buyers in US funds required for international sales. No e-check. No fees for Paypal. Postal insurance is your only recourse in the unlikely event that a package goes missing, and is therefore highly recommended.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Luce de Notte

I've seen these for sale now and then.. but what the heck do you do with them? They're not a LED light ... correct?

Dan

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've seen these for sale now and then.. but what the heck do you do with them? They're not a LED light ... correct?

Dan
I don't own one, but from what I gather they make a nice nightstand light. I think I've seen them with either 11mm or 18mm trit spheres though I imagine there's other sizes that have been produced as well to accomodate the larger spheres. Perhaps it'd be used to read a book without disturbing your SO, or maybe even for late night trips to the bathroom. Not really sure as I'm unfamiliar with how bright one of these trit spheres are in person. They really are beautiful, budget permitting I'd definitely own one.

JohnTz

Enlightened

I had one that I sold and I regret it. They are fun to have. I used mine next to the bedstand and with dark adapted eyes you can walk to the bathroom without turning the lights on. My daughter then took it and used it as a night light for her room. I don't think they are bright enough to read with. They are beautifully made and worth every penny. My best use for it was walking into my dark bedroom and getting guided to the night stand by the Luce to turn on the light. They also have a real cool factor.

For me, the Luce is an artwork. It's like having a painting on the wall, or an excellent photograph. It represents a skill that most of us dont have. It is sculpture, and it incorporates principles of design, balance, materials selection, and function. Luces are innovative, exotic and beautiful.

Last edited:

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened

For me, the Luce is an artwork.
I agree with Mr. Lafferty. Here's how I summarized my view of the Luce:
For those not familiar, the Luce de Notte is a "glow light" powered solely by a tritium sphere. It has a reflector on one end with an embedded trit sphere to push light in a generally focused direction. This example has a dome on the other end, and is built such that the dome also glows as a form of "locator beacon" to be able to find it at night (the rear of the reflector is open and "lights" the dome).

For those who have not handled one - the light output is
very low! Do not expect a "flashlight" - expect an ultra-cool "glowing orb" type piece of artwork. I have used it to negotiate my way thru the house in total darkness with light-adjusted eyes, but to be sure it's an ultra low-lumen device. But I will say that I have held few cooler things in my hands. It is really a fun/interesting object, and Fred (PhotonFanatic) does beautiful work.
Fred does great work!

StrayLight

Enlightened

Thanks for all the testimonials, guys. I think Ducaticorse summed it up well:

For those not familiar, the Luce de Notte is a "glow light" powered solely by a tritium sphere. It has a reflector on one end with an embedded trit sphere to push light in a generally focused direction. This example has a dome on the other end, and is built such that the dome also glows as a form of "locator beacon" to be able to find it at night (the rear of the reflector is open and "lights" the dome).

For those who have not handled one - the light output is very low! Do not expect a "flashlight" - expect an ultra-cool "glowing orb" type piece of artwork. I have used it to negotiate my way thru the house in total darkness with light-adjusted eyes, but to be sure it's an ultra low-lumen device. But I will say that I have held few cooler things in my hands. It is really a fun/interesting object, and Fred (PhotonFanatic) does beautiful work.

They are beautiful little works of art that happen to provide a little light. I ordered two from Fred, but I usually happen to grab my brass Luce when I need a bedside nightlight.

JasonH

Enlightened
Re: FS: Luce de Notte **Price Drop, Pics Added**

Is this the small or large version?

Thanks

StrayLight

Enlightened
Re: FS: Luce de Notte **Price Drop, Pics Added**

The "small" version, about 24mm x 46mm with my crappy ruler.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Luce de Notte **2nd Price Drop, Pics Added**

I have a brass grooved one with the blue 11mm sphere. It is really beautiful, almost magical. But, as has been stated, it is not a flashlight. It is bright enough to find the can and that sort of thing. It is not bright enough to read by without a lot of difficulty. Overall the description as flashaholic sculpture is pretty good.

GryphonQ

Newly Enlightened

I was sort of jonesing for a titanium one of these, but I'll take it. Please PM with paypal address and total cost for priority mail to Nevada. Thank you! Robert Gryphon

StrayLight

Enlightened

Gryphon, it's yours. PM sent.

FWIW, A titanium version would probably cost twice as much, not to mention the wait time (I believe PhotonFanatic is out of tritium spheres). Paulr, thanks for the assist.