Spare bulb kit

Qship1996

Enlightened
I have been putting together a kit of spare exterior automotive bulbs {H4, 3496, 3497, 796, 9011, 1156A} bulbs individually wrapped in bubble wrap and housed in a plastic box- wondering if storing them in the trunk and subject to the normal vibrations of driving will shorten their future life when put into dervice VS just leaving the box in the garage?

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it really matters. More important is that you have your spares when and where you need them-- when the bulb in service burns out and where that bulb in service burns out.

Also, pack in a few fuses while you're at it.

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Don't give it a second thought, Quality Automotive bulbs are designed to be in a harsh enviroment when used. trunk storage is no problem at all, especially packaged as you have. I have alwyas stored spares in my cars as have my Father in his and our classic cars for years with no problems. We also store Maxi-mini and cartridge fuses +relays as needed depending on the car. Most cars have a fuse for the Alternator today that is easily blown changing a battery or jump-starting your or someone elses car but will let the car start but not charge the battery and usually goes unnoticed until the vehicle dies. It's usually the largest fuse in the block 120-140-160-175 AMP. Get spares because its almost impossible to find one at 2am when you usually need it

Qship1996

Enlightened
Knock on wood, in the 274,022 miles I have put on my Q45, not a single fuse has ever blown.....

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree w/ A-D. The best bulb in the world is the one that's available when it's needed, even if it's lost a few hours of lifespan.