Spectrographic analyses, pg. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
fox350-2.gif

Spectrometer plot of a later sample (10-06-07) of a Fox Group 350nm UV LED.

That hump near 695nm in the deep red region of the spectrum appears to be LED emission itself, rather than a detector sensitivity issue; but I've only had the spectrometer online for less than 24 hours, so I could very well be incorrect here.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
fox360-2.gif

Spectrometer plot of a later sample (10-06-07) of a Fox Group 360nm UV LED.

Note the LED's spectral line halfwidth is unusually narrow for an LED; looks like less than 20nm to me.

That hump near 720nm in the very deep red region of the spectrum appears to be LED emission itself, rather than a detector sensitivity issue; but I've only had the spectrometer online for less than 24 hours, so I could very well be incorrect here.

Last edited:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
fox360-3.gif

Spectrometer plot of a Fox Group 5.5mm UV LED.

Note the LED's spectral line halfwidth is unusually narrow for an LED; looks like less than 15nm to me.

That hump near 715nm in the very deep red region of the spectrum appears to be LED emission itself, rather than a detector sensitivity issue; but I've only had the spectrometer online for less than two days, so I could very well be incorrect here.

Rise and shine CPF! It's 0501 hours! Early bird gets the gagh! ;)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
13287.gif

Spectrometer plot of an Active # 13287 NIR LED.

{computer alarm/beeping noises} {female computer voice} 0411 hours. Warning! Regeneration cycle incomplete! ;)

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
> light consists of a ~460nm blue native LED band
> and a ~635nm red phosphor band.

Without looking it up, I'd guess that's pretty close to what plants use for photosynthesis and maybe these are surplus from some such use. Nice bimodal distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.