SRT7 reliability

ChrisEdu

Newly Enlightened
Just to add to the chorus of approval, I bought my SRT7 as soon as they became available and it has performed flawlessly since then - I had it on my bike as front light for about a year - running at 50-100% output, generally. It is the first light slung in the bag when I go out without my bike too.

No problems to report. But I am intrigued to try it on two RCR123A cells.

Enjoy your light.

I see you're in London. What did you use for a bike mount and where did you get it?

Beckler

Enlightened
For bike mounts I've used the Fenix AF02 with my SRT7 and it works fine. It's a bad design IMO tho because it's way too cumbersome, for no reason, and isn't good for quick mounting/removal on either side. Their new ALB10 is quick-release but only addresses about 30% of those issues it would seem. :) I know of no good flashlight handlebar mount. The rubber block/velcro ones constantly get mentioned but are bouncy trash, IMO. :D

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I´ve been using my SRT7 since July 2013 and it has stood the test of time perfectly so far.:) The only possibly drawback is that i don´t know what to do when the day comes when i have to lubricate the magnetic ring?:thinking: The head is sealed and is not meant to be disassembled. The question is where one can send the light to have this service done?

y260

Enlightened
I´ve been using my SRT7 since July 2013 and it has stood the test of time perfectly so far.:) The only possibly drawback is that i don´t know what to do when the day comes when i have to lubricate the magnetic ring?:thinking: The head is sealed and is not meant to be disassembled. The question is where one can send the light to have this service done?

So...funny story. I felt like my SRT7 ring was getting a bit slow about a year ago, so I dug through my house to find some kind of oil. I found what I THOUGHT was sewing machine oil and poured a whole ton of it in the groove above and below the magnetic ring. I then moved the ring through all the detents several times to cycle the oil. Aside from having to wash off the excess gunk off the head and body of the light, it worked great! The ring got really smooth and clicks were very pronounced. Several months later, I was told that it wasn't sewing machine oil. I'd used some kind of neutrogena body oil LOL. Well, regardless, it worked well. And it's almost like my SRT7 ring has gotten even better over time. So...if you need to lubricate the ring at some point...well...body oil work good LOL

LedTed

Enlightened
I got my NC SRT7 almost two years ago. I primarily store it for emergency use. But, I do check it monthly. And, so far, it has performed very well. I will also happily admit that it's fun to play with (I mean check. :)) in rain or fog.

ChrisEdu

Newly Enlightened
I love using the diffuser with my SRT7 - it's great for moving around the house at night without disturbing everybody. The kids love the flash red/blue feature for playing cops and robbers.