• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo Standing wave of Sapphire 25's , GS and now High CRI

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had my Sapphire in my pocket for many many years, until tuesday of this week. Seems it fell out somewhere in my travels. I will give it another day to show up, then will have to order a new one.
Worked flawlessly all those years. I am stumped as to where it may have gotten lost as it was always attached to a small swiss army knife, so it wasn't something that could easily slip out of my pocket.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long time! Any internal or external change(s) in the Sapphire? The last edit in the original post was Dec 25, 2016.

What does a Sapphire built in 2022 look like now?

I may have need of a small robust light for the next couple years, this is my first stop, and the landscape looks much different since I was last sailing these parts.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Long time! Any internal or external change(s) in the Sapphire? The last edit in the original post was Dec 25, 2016.

What does a Sapphire built in 2022 look like now?

I may have need of a small robust light for the next couple years, this is my first stop, and the landscape looks much different since I was last sailing these parts.
No change in the Sapphire. Still using the Yuji High CRI 5600K by default and have some of the 3200K warm High CRI Yuji's to work with.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The hole is .125" so if the cord is 1/8" or less or can be compressed, it will fit.

nbp

Flashaholic
They are wonderful little go anywhere lights. When it's actually dark just a few long running lumens are all you really need. I don't prefer a very warm tint so I opted for the 5600k also and I found it to be quite pleasant and not as cool as you might imagine. It hits the sweet spot for a 5mm LED for me.

mako

Newly Enlightened
Don,
Ive had one of your Saphire for over a decade ; it's become almost an appendage. Suddenly,poof, it stopped working.
'Please help!
Should it have a spring at its base? Mine does not and I'm not sure if it did and it's fallen out? All I've ever done is replace the AAA cell once in a great long while. This little beauty is the best light to have when one needs a light which is flawless in its simplicity and function-and can run seemingly forever on a single AAA cell.
thank You for any help you or any member can offer.
Mako

Sapphires hot all of the sudden, love mine!
1677550870119.gif