Standup comedy recommendations - audio

Bogie

Enlightened
Find some Stephen Lynch he's a sining comedian with some damm funny songs that you will sing alonw with & just laugh at your self.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
allthatwhichis said:
Eddie Murphy Delerious... Best ever!!! :lolsign:

I am another fan of what I call a classic. Love Delerious and Raw! I have a few Aussie fav's but I don't think you would have a clue who I was talking about.

Laugh on:rock: :laughing:

Danbo

Enlightened
Brian Regan and Greg Warren are two of my favorites right now. Especially Greg Warren, when he starts talking about his Uncle. :D

BR549

Newly Enlightened
If you are looking for clean humor listen to some Jerry Clower. I met him at a small country store in Mississippi about 20 years ago - I had never heard of him and thought he was a local farmer until he passed out some cassette tapes he had to all the folks there.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like puns and a view of the past nothing can beat Fibber Magee and Molly.
Old time radio shows are hard to beat since they were not meant to be seen.
It can be fun to hear them complain about the expensive 29 cent gasoline.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
Another vote for Eddie Izzard. My wife and I have seen him at a small theatre in Los Angeles three times now, and met him outside after the show twice. Besides being hilarious, he seems like a great guy and a class act.

The Frantics were also mentioned. I almost got into an accident the first time I heard their, "I Sh*t a Piece of Pie" routine. Good times. I haven't heard it in years. I wonder if it would still be as funny.

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Woody Allen's stuff when he started out and was doing standup is hilarious. Don't know where you'd find them though.

Banshee

Enlightened
bonvivantmike said:
Another vote for Eddie Izzard. My wife and I have seen him at a small theatre in Los Angeles three times now, and met him outside after the show twice. Besides being hilarious, he seems like a great guy and a class act.

+1 seen him twice...Definate thinking man's comedian

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Here is a list of 12 of my favorite Comedians of all-time... Mitch Hedberg, Andy Kaufman, Jay London, Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Jim Carrey, Steven Wright, Jack Benny, Bud Abbott and Lou Costello