StarLux, Luxeon Star 3 'D' cell flashlight.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: StarLux, Luxeon Star 3 \'D\' cell flashlight.

Wayne -
This is kinda related...

I have Direct Drive 3D Mag lite mod I bought from you. Would it be safe to drive it using 4C's? Thanks...

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by ChrisM:
Wayne -
This is kinda related...

I have Direct Drive 3D Mag lite mod I bought from you. Would it be safe to drive it using 4C's? Thanks...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uh, probably not. It's already maxed out on 3 cells. Probably pulling over 1 to 1.5 amps with fresh batteries. Four would probably pop it. You could go 4 C cells, and use a 5 watt, though. Underdriven, but very bright.

Wayne J.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by ChrisM:
Yes, but that would be a very brilliant, awe-inspiring 2 hours of light now wouldn't it?
smile.gif

What about having the option to switch out the different LS's? Could you do a mod so that the LS would be switchable between the 5W cyan and the 1W white? That would be cool!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Having the option of swapping emitters is a possiblility, but I doubt I would do that. I'd rather sell you two flashlight.
grin.gif

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

My StarLux (which lives with it's brothers & cousins - the Blaster Jr., Blaster II, & Tri-Star) decided to quit working today. It merely rests in a kit with the others ready to go at a moment's notice in emergencies.

It just won't turn on. I checked the end cap, the screw that's on the heatsink/LED/ground...and I just can't get any photons out of it all...zero - like a black hole that sucks all the light away....

Anyone have this sort of problem or have any hints/pointers on how to get these photons to escape again?