Starting them while they're young

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
I got my 2 year old granddaughter a Gerber Tempo and some Solitaires late last year so we could play together. Now and then when I visit she'll want to "Shine lights Papa!" and pretend to paint her toys with them. She's so cute I can barely stand it! When we're out and she's forgotten her EDC I'll let her use my E1e/KX1 on low (she can't work the switch with her tiny cute fingers). She never seems to get tired of it, but she'll leave her lights on scattered here and there every time. That reminds me, I need to get a brick of AAA's so she doesn't run out again for a while.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
We've got that same Disney princess light at my house, it's got a signal button on the switch, a funky beam, and the reflector has slits in it. If only I could convince her to let me put in a Malkoff.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
there are flashlight toys available where i am at locally. mini LED ring lights, miniature 'police' siren :lolsign: under an inch high in vending machines. for just under $2 each,.. but getting the 1 may take a few tries.:ohgeez:

merlocka

Enlightened
LOL. My 2yr old drops/loses a toy under or behind something she runs to dad for a flashlight.

It's typically a 50/50 on whether she asks me for a Novatac or a FiveMega (by name, not kidding). She is starting to lose interest in the FM85 due to the grief caused by inadvertently blinding wife/older sister. And due to the size, she bonked herself with it once. Wife wasn't happy with dad on that.

But, she's trained and that is what counts. Can't complain if she "settles" on a Novatac :). The older one carries a Jetbeam MKIIR (I had no love for the poor efficiency and ringy beam dispersion, she thought it looked cool and had an awesome holster... so although the MKIIR was about the worst light I bought, it has found a happy home).

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
i intend this christmas to have an LED themed christmas party, with LED lit cups, round LED lights, with LED mood rings, wrist bands, necklaces, the whole shebang.

Where am i gonna get all this stuff? And is it gonna bankrupt me?? Hopefully not!! This site seems to be very reasonable, you guys might be interested.

www.extremeglow.com

fbb.gif

sunblue.jpg

martini2.jpg

man, they have so many different LED products there!

brucec

Enlightened
This is my 2 year old daughter's first flashlight. Single-mode momentary, key ring lanyard, warm tint. The beam has some slight rings and other artifacts on a white wall, but doesn't bother her when using outdoors.

2753767774_14e9f80d2a.jpg

2753767338_4384648b75.jpg

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
i remember my Cyclops (from X-men) figurine from years back had a red (LED?) powered by 2 LR44 batteries. :D

actually Ironman figures should at least have Crees on it. just like it should, in the movie! :grin2:

this is really infestious... :drunk:

Last edited: