Stinger LED HP & Stinger DS LED HP

Rocketman

Rocketman

Enlightened
Yes. The data sheet says with the stock cell 2 hours until 10% output. It also says it is regulated, and the graph looks good.

Here are the links to the data sheets for the regular stinger led and the HP. Notice how the Poly Stinger has 185 lumens but the regular aluminum one has only 160? Wonder why?:shrug:

The difference in led output is because of the changes in technology used in the lights. The aluminum Stinger Led was designed before the Polystinger Led. I was holding out for a newer Stinger Led but gave up today and ordered the Polystinger Led. Now I want the Stinger HP Led lol.

Rocketman

Rocketman

Enlightened
I actually called streamlight about this. They said it because of a didderant reflector.

A difference in lumen output would be due to the led and power circuit, a difference in beam intensity would be due to a different reflector.

Edit: Actually, I've been thinking and I'm sure a difference in the reflector could cause a difference in lumen output although it should not if the reflectors are reflecting all the light.

Last edited:
J

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stinger LED HP & Stinger DS LED HP Temptation

I was at Streichers in Plymouth MN this afternoon and although they did not have these in stock yet, they were available to order. With free shipping and 20% off all Streamlight products today and tomorrow, I was very tempted. I think they even had a deal for a $20 gift card if you spent $100 or more. Very tempting. They don't show this on their website, so I don't know if that is in-store only, but very tempting.

L

lightplay22

Enlightened
Got the light today! Man O Man was this the kind of light I hoped it was! This light made me feel satisfaction much the same way my first M60 did when I got it.

This is almost a pocketable spotlight and the spill is good also.

If you need something to reach out farther than what the M60 can, you need to give this light a try.

Now the flashaholic part: I wish the low was much lower than it is and that the whole light was about the size of the strion. Can't hurt to wish....

Very happy tonight!

T

toolpig1

Enlightened
So, woodrow sold the light to me, and I had a chance to play with it tonite.

"Holy mother of you've got to be kidding me"

This is the most impressive 200 lumens that I've ever seen, not that I've seen every light out there, but still. Now don't get too excited yet, this light has a definite purpose in life. The Stinger led HP is a light to grab when you need to see something way out there. This is not the light to find the toy your cat batted under the refrigerator.

For some reason, I expected the light to be physically larger than its actual size. It's a Stinger with an HP head, no different than the incan version. I guess I'm just used to my Ultrastinger, which is larger. Speaking of which, I have other rechargeables as well. The Pelican 7060 and 8060, along with three versions of the Inova T4. I know it's only been a "one night stand" so far, and perhaps someday the honeymoon will be over....but if I could only keep one.....Hmmmm?

Screw that, I'm toolpig1, I'm keeping them all!!! lovecpf