Surefire C2 with Cryos bezel

timsmile

Newly Enlightened
Hi!
Recently I purchased a bored Surefire C2 host and a Cryos Bezel from Oveready.
However, when screwing the Bezel to the C2, the top part of the clip scratched against the lip of the bezel. Also, it keeps the bezel from fully secured to the body, making the drop-in of won't turn on.
Is there anyway to modify the clip so that Cryos will fit C2? (I would like to keep the original pocket clip)

I found a thread here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?336056-Cryos-Cooling-Bezel-and-Surefire-C2
but still I've no idea how to do so :duh2:

Thanks much guys!!

Best,
Tim

ronac

Enlightened
If you'd like to have the bezel full tightened onto the host, you'll need to trim the clip. However, most drop ins should work without requiring this modification.

First you need to remove the clip by passing a cord through the clip and pulling the clip towards the direction of the head. Once the clip is off, you need to trim the tip of the clip which connects to the host with a dremel. You'll need to take off roughly 1.3-1.5mm but keep the same profile. This will allow the clip to sit 1.3-1.5mm further back.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use ronac's method of grinding the tip of the clip for the stock clip.

If you get the LX2's two-way clip, you don't need to do any grinding.

You can also use a pair of scissors to cut off the lip of the Cryos head, as well. I did it to mine so that it will be able to fit third-party clips.

timsmile

Newly Enlightened
You can use ronac's method of grinding the tip of the clip for the stock clip.

If you get the LX2's two-way clip, you don't need to do any grinding.

You can also use a pair of scissors to cut off the lip of the Cryos head, as well. I did it to mine so that it will be able to fit third-party clips.

Thanks! How much of the lip do I have to cut? around 1-2mm? do you need any special scissors to do so?

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cut it so that there was no lip left. The bottom of the head that covers the tip of the body is no longer existent.

And I did it all using just a regular pair of scissors. You might need some elbow grease, but it can be done since, y'know, the thing is quite thin and made out of aluminium, which isn't the most hardened metal.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way I did my last few clips worked a treat. In fact worked so well I have a bunch of new clips coming and will be doing it to all the ones I grinded shorter before. As some of them are a little lose.
I put the clip in a vice heated up the end at the bend than got a pair of pliers in between the bend and the end of the clip (the end that connects to the light of cause) and squeezed down. It pushed the long part of the clip down and worked perfect. You cannot even tell it was ever heated if you stay on top and more to the inside of the clip.
I would just hate to attack my nice new Cryos bezel in anyway its too much a piece of art.

cheers

timsmile

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Rat, followed your method yesterday, worked like a charm :)
Tho the heated part of the clip seems to change colour a bit (rusty colour :confused: )