Surefire Desert Tan

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has Surefire ever sold any desert tan colored handheld lights aside from the G series lights? I think the Scout Light would be a good looking light if it were available in a handheld version, but short of grinding off the mounting hardware, I can't think of any way to get one.

Anyone have any ideas (other than Cerakoting)? Thanks!

FPSRelic

Enlightened
Has Surefire ever sold any desert tan colored handheld lights aside from the G series lights?

I don't beleive they have. At least not a production version. There is of course the minimus tactical, and the helmet light, but since you specified handheld lights, I'm discounting those.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Yeah, DT is specific to battlefield uses and I don't think a metal handheld has been designated.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies. I have toyed with the idea of getting a light coated but I thought it would be cool to get one with a "factory" finish if they ever produced one.

seattlite

Enlightened
Anyone know why SF has two different Desert Tan anodizing? The M300/EB1/etc, all have a matte finish while the M600C has a smoother/shinier finish(which I prefer).

seattlite

Enlightened
Yeah...I have an EB1C-A-TN and was curious why/when did SF change their Desert Tan surface finish.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is an old thread, but I have a Surefire G2 that is tan. It's one of my favorites....

Last edited:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
DT is such a nice color.

My G2 and G2Z are among my favorites
Back in the day i cerakoted 2 e1e in DT, they looked great but it wasn't perfect and the treatment negatively affected the reflector on one of them

Latest posts