SureFire E2D in Washington D.C.?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess if you saw the massive smoking hole in the side of the Pentagon in person on 9/11 you'd understand a little better... IMHO

Don't mean to be harsh, just the way things have progressed in this area. Paranoia is everywhere.

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Now do we see the problem that we have ourselves created by weaponizing flashlights?

I don't believe there was a need to do it. We were being self-indulgent, and now we're going to pay the price, HARD. Now we are going to get the law on our butts, and soon they will look at anything but the cheapest crap from Walmart as a dangerous contraband item to be confiscated and kept for the TSA boneheads' amusement and enrichment... Does anyone doubt it?

Thanks. Thanks a lot. :scowl:

-Jeffrey

Praxis

Enlightened
Peacefuljeffry, I have to say I doubt it. I've counted four or five threads on this board in the past few months from people asking about E2ds and TSA airport security. No one has had a problem bringing their lights onto planes. My significant other flys with her's all the time, never had a problem. If I could get it away from her (she really likes it) I'd have no problem taking it into the various government buildings I regularly visit for work in D.C. (Library of Congress, National Archives, Smithsonian, etc.). All we are saying here is that hightened security is a reality when you enter government buildings in D.C. Is it a pain, yes. Do I find it frustrating, yes. But, I don't think anyone is coming for your flashlights.

Now, on a somewhat related issue, anyone know of any good stores that sell flashlights in northern Virginia (say the I-95 corridor)?

batman

Enlightened
peacefuljeffrey said:
Now do we see the problem that we have ourselves created by weaponizing flashlights?

I don't believe there was a need to do it. We were being self-indulgent, and now we're going to pay the price, HARD. Now we are going to get the law on our butts, and soon they will look at anything but the cheapest crap from Walmart as a dangerous contraband item to be confiscated and kept for the TSA boneheads' amusement and enrichment... Does anyone doubt it?

Thanks. Thanks a lot. :scowl:

-Jeffrey

I don't doubt you., hell we're just going to cause another 9/11 to our ignorant selves the way this is headed.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
A bunch of us went counting one day and found that there were something like 33 law enforcement related agencies in DC alone (this was over 10 years ago). In any case it would be best to contact the presiding agency with any inquries or concerns that you might have.

With all the politicians, I mean crooks in DC , they need to have alot of law enforcement agencies just to keep up with the new laws they write , most of which are never enforced on said politicians, I mean crooks!:rant:

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Praxis said:
Peacefuljeffry, I have to say I doubt it. I've counted four or five threads on this board in the past few months from people asking about E2ds and TSA airport security. No one has had a problem bringing their lights onto planes. My significant other flys with her's all the time, never had a problem. If I could get it away from her (she really likes it) I'd have no problem taking it into the various government buildings I regularly visit for work in D.C. (Library of Congress, National Archives, Smithsonian, etc.). All we are saying here is that hightened security is a reality when you enter government buildings in D.C. Is it a pain, yes. Do I find it frustrating, yes. But, I don't think anyone is coming for your flashlights.

All I am saying is that if they are going to prohibit KUBOTANS, which are essentially inert aluminum or plastic rods, if they get the idea that crenelated, aluminum-bodied flashlights are being regarded by their owners/users as erstwhile weapons, they WILL eventually put a ban on them. I don't agree with it -- hell, I think I should be able to carry my Spyderco Military on an airliner -- but I see where we have been headed for quite a long time.

If we want ALL flashlights banned from flights -- because if they decide to ban them because of crenelated bezels, they are not going to bother drawing distinctions and wasting more time at the security checkpoints -- then we should keep blurring the line between flashlight and weapon. Eventually the TSA won't give a crap about making the distinction, and the baby will be thrown out with the bathwater, and it will take an act of God to repeal the b.s. restriction.

Now, on a somewhat related issue, anyone know of any good stores that sell flashlights in northern Virginia (say the I-95 corridor)?

Nope, sorry, but I do know that if you're looking for Zippo lighters, a good place to buy them is at JR, exit 97 in Selma, NC. They have a large selection, and discount the price 25% off the retail sticker.

-Jeffrey