SUREFIRE Phone Cases! WTH?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I just got a email saying Surefire is going to be offering Phone cases. Looks like it is for the Iphones and Samsung S5. $29.95 MSRP

Mounting rails? I guess we can look forward to a Surefire HellPhoto Selfie Stick??
Seriously, No light?? Even NEBO has a case with a light!!
I am seeing something called FirePak??

Here is a quote from their page:
"The SureFire Phone Case is a high-quality protective case for your iPhone 6/6S or Samsung Galaxy S5. But this stylish and versatile case pulls double-duty, also serving as a secure mount for a new and exciting SureFire product coming soon—one every smartphone user is going to want for his or her phone! This versatile case features a shock-absorbing, co-molded design that effectively protects your smartphone; a durable, high-density polycarbonate frame; and it wraps around your phone for easy installation and a snug fit. It also has fully integrated mounting rails for its other intended purpose, which we'll be announcing soon. Your smartphone is an essential part of your life. Protect it with the only phone case worthy of the legendary SureFire name—and be ready to connect it with the next exciting product coming down the pipeline from SureFire!"

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they are releasing a shooting app with ballistics info? I could see the phone case mounting on a 1913 rail which would allow the shooter to easily calculate their dope.

allenst

Newly Enlightened
Got the email and saw the same info on their site. I don't know why they are so secretive about it and yet just like the Sidekick, the info is disclosed on Amazon's presale page.

"Serves as mount for SureFire firepak illuminator (not included)"

"The SureFire Phone Case isn't just a high-quality protective case - it also serves as a secure mount for a SureFire FirePak illuminator/phone charger (sold separately). Featuring a high-density polycarbonate frame and fully integrated rails, the SureFire Phone Case easily accommodates a FirePak. Simply slide the FirePak onto the case, and it locks in place for 1,500 lumens of broad, useful light suitable for shooting video or photos in the dark, or as an emergency or personal-defense handheld light. This versatile case features a shock-absorbing, co-molded design that effectively protects your smartphone, and it wraps around the phone for easy installation and a snug fit. Keep your smartphone protected-and ready for photography or video action in even the darkest spaces-with a double-duty SureFire Phone Case!"

http://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Quality-Samsung-Galaxy-Phone/dp/B019BV585U

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019BV57OC/?tag=cpf0b6-20

FPSRelic

Enlightened
Got the email and saw the same info on their site. I don't know why they are so secretive about it and yet just like the Sidekick, the info is disclosed on Amazon's presale page.

"Serves as mount for SureFire firepak illuminator (not included)"

"The SureFire Phone Case isn't just a high-quality protective case - it also serves as a secure mount for a SureFire FirePak illuminator/phone charger (sold separately). Featuring a high-density polycarbonate frame and fully integrated rails, the SureFire Phone Case easily accommodates a FirePak. Simply slide the FirePak onto the case, and it locks in place for 1,500 lumens of broad, useful light suitable for shooting video or photos in the dark, or as an emergency or personal-defense handheld light. This versatile case features a shock-absorbing, co-molded design that effectively protects your smartphone, and it wraps around the phone for easy installation and a snug fit. Keep your smartphone protected-and ready for photography or video action in even the darkest spaces-with a double-duty SureFire Phone Case!"

http://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Quality-Samsung-Galaxy-Phone/dp/B019BV585U

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019BV57OC/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Gook pickup on that! Not sure what they expect to achieve with this - most people just use the built in flash of their phones for a light. I guess we'll see when this firepak comes out.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good find allenst! Thanks for the additional info. I googled and binged it but I didn't think about Amazon. I have the NEBO case already. It sure is handy. I wonder what the size of the Surefire FirePak is? Probably huge??

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Linked at the exact timestamp for your own convenience:
https://youtu.be/GaJN_PusS_c?t=212

Basically a powerpack for your phone that doubles as a photo/video light with full frame coverage and, wait for it,
1,500 effing lumens! At $249 I guess it would be worth it for video shooting alone, too bad they don't make a version for Galaxy Note phones...