Surefire T1A Titan

netjackson

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I have a modded T1A that I purchased here on the forum many years ago. It's been my edc for years but it is giving me trouble. When I turn it on, the light continues to power up then power down. When it's off completely, there's a low level flicker. Installed fresh batteries and still experiencing the same issue. I don't recall who I purchased it from or who modded it but I was hoping someone on the forum would be able to troubleshoot and fix it. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Sorry you are having troubles with that.

If you are referring to the CR123A version ( SureFire has confusingly named a CR2 model, a CR123A model, and at least two AAA models all the "Titan" ... ) then that was an extremely difficult mod.

I think that DaFABRICATA did most of those, although I know that there were at least two or three others who were able to mod them successfully (including maybe *LASER* if I remember correctly)

Last edited:

netjackson

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the quick reply. It is the CR123A version model number:Surefire T1A-BK-WH T1A Titan.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I am no expert, but it sounds like there may be an internal short somewhere.

Have you done the "usual" first steps .... Thoroughly clean all contact points, especially the threads ?

Make sure there is no loose internal debris, too. My T1A has very thin and sharp threads, so I can imagine a tiny "hair" or "whisker" of sheared metal getting loose and raising havoc.

The T1A is notable for a very different type of switch assembly. When you spin the output dial up and down, does it respond smoothly ? Or flicker ? Promptly, or is there a lag ? Any different if you go slowly vs quickly ?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I think ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond did some T1A mods too.

Mine is unmodded so I'm not sure what could possibly be wrong inside that one.

netjackson

Newly Enlightened
Thank you again for the replies. I tried the basic troubleshooting and still no luck. I was hoping I could sent it out to someone more experienced than I to take a look at it.

nbp

Flashaholic
Check with those two guys, they might be able to help out. That would be my suggestion.

netjackson

Newly Enlightened
Thank you again but it looks like these individuals have not been on the forum in quite some time.

QUOTE=nbp;5355649]Check with those two guys, they might be able to help out. That would be my suggestion.[/QUOTE]

archimedes

Flashaholic
Last edited:

jksknife2

Newly Enlightened
Clean your threads and the gold coated terminal inside the battery compartment. Some I have seen just needed that for intermittent cutout and low battery shutoff.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk