Not open for further replies.

WaltH

Enlightened
Jeff,
BYOPeeps.
grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WaltH:
Actually I AM serious. Would love to tip a few beers with y'all. The show is in Orlando...and so am I.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WaltH...

This is really great!

We`ll probably have to arrive on different days and at different times. But not to worry...when you have free spirits like us staying with you as long as we will, we`ll all overlap eventually.

If it gets too crowded at your house, it would probably be helpful if you had some contingency plans for you and your family to stay for a while at a nearby motel. Or with relatives...whatever.

And WaltH, I may really be paranoid about this, BUT... you do have homeowner`s insurance, don`t you?

Boy, this is really great! I can hardly wait!

grin.gif

Lonewolf

Enlightened
WaltH that is really thoughtful of you to have your family stay at a motel. They probably wouldn't get much sleep at the house with all us flashlight nuts running around at night. Can you please start stocking up on spare batteries we have a tendency to use quite a few.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
Can you please start stocking up on spare batteries we have a tendency to use quite a few.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Walt said he'd set us up with drinks, but I'm sure it'll be a BYOB affair.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Walt said he'd set us up with drinks, but I'm sure it'll be a BYOB affair.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And well it should be BYOB.

When we`re all going to be at Walt`s for a few weeks, after all, we certainly wouldn`t want to overstay our welcome.

It`s going to be great. A Crystal vodka & Arc festival for the free spirits of the CPF!

grin.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
I've got 2 of the BK glasses myself.

CD, I look forward to trying some of that vodka you're talking about. I'll break out the LED glasses for it.

And it's DEFINITELY a bring your own batteries affair. I can't be responsible for a bunch of flashaholics running around using M6's for flashlight tag...I'd have to take out a second mortgage.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
WaltH. Where in Orlando is the convention center? I lived in Orlando for seven years near the jetport but can't remember the center. What part of town are you in if you don't mind me asking. I will make every effort to go to the SHOT show as it's only a nine hour drive for me from B'ham Alabama.
wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WaltH:

And it's DEFINITELY a bring your own batteries affair.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bring your SC1's and 2's. It can get pretty humid in Florida. There's only one thing I want to see frothing at this party.

WaltH

Enlightened
The convention center is on I-drive on the south side of town. Amost to the Central Florida Parkway.
I live in Windermere...been here about 4 years and don't see myself leaving anytime soon.
I have never been to shot but would certainly travel 9 hours to see it. Vegas was a stretch though. Not willing to buy a plane ticket till I see what it's all about.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah Windermere. I remember that area. Very nice and tranquil with the gas street lamps on the main roads. At least before CPF invades. Come to think of it, we have so many lawyers, LEO's and gun people here, we can make Windermere an independant nation. The one with the most lumems gets to be king.
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
The convention center is on I-drive on the south side of town. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang. I stayed in a hotel directly across the street from the convention center last year. Can't remember the name of the hotel, but it is famous for its ducks. Peabody maybe? That was the first (and I thought maybe the last) time I'd been in Orlando.

WaltH

Enlightened
Phred,
Right you are about Windermere. Mostly a tranquil place but...my house occasionally rocks.

Darrell,
You're exactly right, it's the Peabody. Nice hotel. Maybe once we're done trashing my house we can move on to the hotel, at least the one's of us who don't get arrested. On second thought, I don't think I want to see what all the UV lights turn up.

Happy Easter everybody!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phred,
Right you are about Windermere. Mostly a tranquil place but...my house occasionally rocks.

Darrell,
You're exactly right, it's the Peabody. Nice hotel. Maybe once we're done trashing my house we can move on to the hotel, at least the one's of us who don't get arrested. On second thought, I don't think I want to see what all the UV lights turn up.

Happy Easter everybody!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So...tranquil Windermere. And a nice hotel called the Peabody.

Walt...so we can better plan our schedules, when is the SHOT show going to be held?

And Peter...we need you to get passes for all of us to get into the show. (I`m sure they`ll never notice all of us once we get in....)

Boy, this is going to be great!

grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
CD,
The show is February 13th through 16th. I agree we should plan this now so we can pick a day when the most people can make it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Walt...

I agree. As bizarre as it may sound, maybe we could actually do something here...FOR REAL!
shocked.gif

Don`t let your family go into a state of hysteria, though, bcause (i) if Darell can make it, he could stay in your back yard, and (ii) the rest of us could terrorize the Peabody or some other area motel/hotel.

WOW...possibly a REAL PLAN.

This will only work out, though, if Peter (or any other CPF`er with the right status or connections) can get passes for us.

Peter...are you willing to increase your SHOT show staff? Hey! We could even help man your booth...and give away free Arc`s for you!

Now THAT`S a good plan. Boy...this is going to be great!

grin.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
GTs are always fun and it would be advantageous to combine it with the show. As far as tickets, we are quite limited to how many people we can let in as "booth reps". But, we are not limited to how many "VIPs" we can invite. The difference is the VIPs have to pay $15/piece. At least this is how it was setup for the last show.

Back to the GT... We used to do these for my first business (a 22 line BBS). My best friend did (and can still do) the DJ'ing. We would rent a hall someplace (at the hotel we all stay at?), eat pizza and subs, give away stuff, wear our t-shirts, play with new products, do shoot outs, invite other manufacturers, nighttime demonstrations, etc.

If it is going to be an official Arc sanctioned event it would be a no alcohol deal so you could bring the whole family.

The reviewers would be strongly encouraged to come. I talked to Craig about putting together a fund to send him to the last show but I started too late so we postponed the idea. I would definitely like him, his one-of-a-kind LED-lit wheelchair and good part of his collection to make it to the event.

If you want to do this, I will organize it and ask some of you to pitch in for various things.

We would start out with a suggestions phase and then lock the features of the event and get into the organization phase. We should start taking ideas now and then start them into motion around September or so.

Here are some ideas to get started:

- webcam some of the events so people who can't make it can join in somewhat
- Pizza/Subs/Sodas
- Prizes
- Music
- Flashlight tag game for the kids
- For sale items (flashlights, shirts, caps)
- Meet cool people (you!)
- Stay at the same hotel, group rate
- Night demonstrations and product comparisons
- Prototypes
- Invite other manufacturers (Tech Associates, Lightwave, etc)
- Party each night of the convention. Schedule demos, etc during the week.
- T shirt, "I partied with 100 brightly lit flash-a-holics and all I got where spots in my eyes and this t-shirt".

One more thing, let me know if you are interested in this. Even the cheap GT's cost several hundred dollars to put together so I want to make sure this is what you really want.

Peter Gransee

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:
we are quite limited to how many people we can let in as "booth reps".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's all fine and dandy. But do they allow pets?

I think the first order of business is to begin a new thread. Only us seriously Arc-addicted folks would ever think of lookin here...

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys...

This thread has served its purpose, and I`ve asked Peter to close it.

Thanks to all of you for your kind posts! It`s been a great ride.

And now...

On to new threads, and on to Walter World!

grin.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
CD,
The show is February 13th through 16th. I agree we should plan this now so we can pick a day when the most people can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.