• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Official Malkoff M91B N 5000K XP-L v2 Group Buy! ALL SHIPPED

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Official Malkoff M91B N 5000K XP-L v2 Group Buy!

After much research I cannot find any XP-L 5000K with over 70CRI. There are some 80 CRI 4500Ks out there. What about the XP-L HI?

Another option is the LH351D, similar footprint to the XP-L, and there's a batch of 5000K with great tint and 90 CRI.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast

After much research I cannot find any XP-L 5000K with over 70CRI. There are some 80 CRI 4500Ks out there. What about the XP-L HI?

Another option is the LH351D, similar footprint to the XP-L, and there's a batch of 5000K with great tint and 90 CRI.
I'll be in for 1 if it's the LH35

Kestrel

Flashaholic

After much research I cannot find any XP-L 5000K with over 70CRI. There are some 80 CRI 4500Ks out there. What about the XP-L HI? [...]
I recall there was a conversation about the prior M91BN GB perhaps going for one single color temp as a compromise; what about going in that direction for this run?
Just thinking out loud over here; no dog in this fight as I'm now set for 5000K's myself.
Edit: Or am I just muddying the waters, if 5000K has already been decided upon ?

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would gladly wait to get the exact LED that was used in the initial group buy. What info would I use to search for it?

An 80 CRI 4500K would certainly be acceptable to me if 5000K variants are truly no longer available.

I'm not interested in taking a gamble on using a completely different emitter.

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

5000K was more-or-less decided as the preferred version, those currently signed up all had specified 5000K so for this one my goal is to stick with that. Any big changes and I'd likely just re-boot the GB assuming we don't reach critical mass or what-have-you.

I think it's VERY important that everyone understands there is always a slight gamble even if I were able to order off the same reel of LEDs from the last group-buy- which I can't as that was well over a year ago at this point. Especially with CREE emitters there tends to be a large degree of variation of tints from one LED to the next. The "Tint Lottery" is in full effect by-and-large for group buys of such small numbers. Unless you buy LEDs by the thousands you have virtually no control over chromaticity bins.

Right now my strongest potential is this fella:

https://intl-outdoor.com/cree-xp-l-v6-3d-bare-led.html

5000K V6 (highest efficiency) and "3D" should be on the BBL or just below. I will attempt to contact individuals who have purchased this emitter before. I cannot guarantee 80CRI, I will again see if Hank has any more information.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

There are no 80CRI XPL's in 5000K range so let's not overcomplicate and let's stick to what is prooved great.
Great job dot!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Greatscoot has kindly sent me what he believes to be the same emitter as last time. I will be putting in an inquiry today to see if they will have enough stock for us to pull this off. These emitters are $5.25 each.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alright here's the deal. Kinda "YEETed" it as all the cool kids are saying... I just bought all 21 emitters in stock at MTN. GS seemed to believe that these are the same, at least the same bin, as the last Group Buy. From my research, the "3D" tint should be right about where we want to be and has the best chance of being on or under the BBL.

When I get the emitters, I'm going to have Gene roll on 21 M91BN dropins. I'll be writing the email to him next. So this run of the Group Buy will have 21 spots, and 21 only. If there is more interest, uhhhhh I think we will have to save that for another GB run, which I am game to do at any time if there is indeed enough.

Until I get the LEDs in hand let's continue along the GB date plan laid out. If anyone has any issues with this, please let them be known and we will have the opportunity to discuss everything and additional options if necessary.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeet? Like the YEET CANNON [emoji51]

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

hello dotCPF.
I had saved the link with the specifications of the led used from the first group purchase of the dropin m91bn of 5000K
the address is exactly this:
https://intl-outdoor.com/catalog/product/view/id/96/s/cree-xp-l-v6-3d-bare-led/category/48/
it seems to me that you used the same led, which is perfect!
please add one more dropin for me in the group purchase please.
Marco,
Very cool. They must have gotten more back in stock, because the link I had wasn't working for a while.
GS

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

hello dotCPF.

I had saved the link with the specifications of the led used from the first group purchase of the dropin m91bn of 5000K

the address is exactly this:

https://intl-outdoor.com/catalog/product/view/id/96/s/cree-xp-l-v6-3d-bare-led/category/48/

it seems to me that you used the same led, which is perfect!

please add one more dropin for me in the group purchase please.

EXCELLENT!

We will have more if we need it in which case. I have already prompted Gene about the initial 21, we shall continue along the current GB path, finishing Phase 1 on the 10th. If necessary I will have Hank expedite some of those off to me and add it to the current 21.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dot, can you please put me in #20 slot?

That is assuming we get to that many preorder

Thx..

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dot, can you please put me in #20 slot?

That is assuming we get to that many preorder

Thx..

I have added you to the list. Just to be clear, this GB for these 21 dropins is a go. I will be having these current 21 made for sure.

What # you are doesn't have any impact on anything at the moment.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Quick update, MTN had to refund 1 emitter, so only 20 for now. I will be happy to add more as necessary during Phase 1. Once we hit Phase 2, my priority will be getting the Dropin to committed members. Hopefully this is a reasonable to all.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I'm sorry I forgot. What is this GB for again?😁😁