Thieving workmates!!

WNG

Enlightened
The most pathetic theiving story I have to share was at a company I worked for right out of college. A big prosperous company, all paid well, free drinks/ beer on Friday happy hour, and catered dinners after 7pm.

Well, there was someone who would go through people's brown bagged lunches in the company-provided refrigerators! He'd randomly steal and eat people's lunches!
We also kept snacks in there too...boxes labeled with our names. He ate several of my Klondike Bars! The *******!
When one of these people blasted him on the company's email mailing list, we all were shocked by the events and joked about the perp. Unfortunately, he got even on the emailer by eating his lunch for several days straight.

We should have gave him a case of food poisoning.

Topper

Flashaholic*
jds009 said:
We should have gave him a case of food poisoning.

UR KLONDIKE BARS:mad:!! O, U should have! I would have!:devil::whistle:[/QUOTE]

Fact is where I work and lunches were being stolen some of the guys in the tool room bought a few cans of cat food and swapped the labels with tuna fish labels. All were taken and I guess eaten. So the ladies in assembly took turns making brownies with a healthy dose of chocolate X-lax. We all had a good laugh when brownies would disappear from the plate. Well all but one.
Topper :)

Bozzlite

Enlightened
tedjanxt said:
Thieves like this are *usually* stupid enough to use the stolen item at the place they stole it.

Keep your eyes peeled, once busted, the perp can be fired for it.

Also, do what I did and invest in an electronic engraver (hell, if you're in a shop with CNC's, most engineers/operators can write a program to engrave it for you, in script even!)

Yep, we have a laser engraver and a pneumatic engraver that I could have, should have used. I just wonder if that would have detered the theft.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
About two years ago, my McLux Black Widow got left behind when I moved - boy was I pissed. :mad:

BTW...moving thread to The Cafe' because I believe it would be more appropriate there.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
jds009 said:
thats funny topper :lolsign:
How did u swap the labels on the cat food, i saw that on a commercial (or maybe a garfield comic ;) that was along time ago!
It was an old Garfield comic. Garfield notices that the labels on a can of liver and a can of tuna are loose, so he switches them, thinking that he'll get tuna while Jon gets liver. However, Jon makes them both Tuna Surprise. Although Garfield is disappointed (no tuna), the look on Jon's face as he bites into the liver dish prompts him to think that half a surprise is better than none.

It really helps to get into the habit of putting lights/tools/knives/etc. away immediately - remove a light from its holster, use it, then put it right back. It's a little less convenient, but the peace of mind gained is, IMHO, worth the effort.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
this $200. camera is 3" x 4" and since it is motion activated, so you can set it and forget it (for years) till something happens, then you just plug it into a tv set and watch who dunnit; it works very well.

"You can have the recording stop when the memory is full or continue to record over the older material.
Supports both NTSC (North and South America) and PAL (Europe)record/playback formats.
The Home Guard can run on 4 AA batteries (has low battery indicator - new alkaline batteries should last about 6 hours, lithium may last longer) or the included power adaptor to plug into the wall."

urdefense_1920_9882880

Last edited:

lukus

Enlightened
I've made knives off and on as a hobby since high school. One of my first, really good knives got stolen years ago.

I was driving into San Antonio and a large chunk of metal gets kicked up and went right through my radiator. Because of highway construction with concrete barriers and no shoulder, I had to drive a couple of miles before I could pull over. It burned up the motor. A tow truck driver shows up (the "Road Ranger") but I didn't know where I was going to take it yet so I told him I'd probably give him a call later and he left. I walked on down to a convenience store to use the yellowpages and figure out what to do with the truck.

An hour or so later, with arrangements made, I walked back to the truck to get a few things out and wait. When I got within sight of my truck, I saw the "Road Ranger" at my truck get back into his and drive away. "Huh?" I wondered, what was he doing back. The only thing gone was my knife, which had been in an organizer pocket hanging between the seat and cab. I am still pissed off just thinking about it. My only consolation is I put a curse on the knife right then while still mad and full of venom. I made the knife, so I can curse it! I have no doubt that he fell on the knife and squirmed around on the ground making it worse. He was alone, so no one heard his cries for help. When he was found, it took two body bags: one for him and the other for the pile of guts that was set free.

I've sold a bunch of knives since, but none like this one, so...if anybody happens to have a knife with "Turman" for a makers stamp on it I'd still like it back. Parachord handle with 5" blade, flat ground bevel with 1/2 the back sharpened and serrated. Integral double guard. Bead blast finish and black kydex sheath. If you look closely, you can see several fish hooks under the parachord wrap. It's possible.

Other than that, I'm a really laid back guy. Usually hard to ruffle.