Think you're fast?

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Bobbing bobcat. I was surprised how close all my times were (0.247, 0.250, 0.252, 0.252, 0.254). Average was 0.251.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I tried bullettime and only got 16302
And tried that red square thing and got 19 seconds exactly
And the red to yellow 0.233
We need a page of links to fun games like these so it might help stop me from buying so many dam torches.

Wish I hadnt had that redbull!

vaism

Newly Enlightened
Clear blue ocean & windswept coconut trees..
Wooo... addiction! Tried playing this in the wee hours last night and was really disappointed with my reflexes! didn't thought i'd be so slow.... armadillo... :laughing: But now tried again... much more alert this time!!! Rockin rabbit! not all the time but at least more satisfying to know... Cheetah is impossible! At least for now.. try again tm.. :laughing:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
For scientific purposes I tried again... at 3:45 am after taking something to help me sleep.

Bobbing bobcat (although I feel more like a drowsy bobcat) avg. 0.2606 (0.369, 0.187, 0.244, 0.176, 0.327). Funny, how my fastest responsetime is faster than any of my previous, but results are a lot less consistent...

So I had avg. 0.1928 while being 'clean', avg. 0.2606 with a sleepingpill now I'll give it a shot tomorrow with my usual meds (Ritalin, which is a form of amfetamine) :laughing:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The best I could do was .42 seconds (armadillo). Makes me wonder whether the timing of this game is affected by other processes running in the background. I have pretty quick reflexes and this game surprises me.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Photon, did you miss a sheep or fire too early? Maybe that's it. I've noticed that when a sheep runs out from the closest bush, that's usually my worst time. Maybe the game just gave you a hard game.

Am I the only one holding my breath or breathing out REALLY SLOWLY while waiting for the gun to fire or for the sheep to run?

Last edited:

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't hold my breath but I end up letting my eyes go out of focus which kind of helps me to see the movement of the sheep rather than concentrating to much on detail. Works for me anyway. I tried doing it karate kid style with my eyes closed and listening for the footsteps but I got slower times that way.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I do the out of focus thing too. I also look at the middle of the screen since I believe the 'corners' of my vision are more sensitive to motion than the middle. Maybe I'm wrong.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Measured density curves for the rods and cones on the retina show an enormous density of cones in the fovea centralis. To them is attributed both color vision and the highest visual acuity. Visual examination of small detail involves focusing light from that detail onto the fovea centralis. On the other hand, the rods are absent from the fovea. At a few degrees away from it their density rises to a high value and spreads over a large area of the retina. These rods are responsible for night vision, our most sensitive motion detection, and our peripheral vision." -- hence as any night watchman here can tell you, if you want to see something in the dark, you look 'around' it, not directly at it..or else click your flashlight ;)