this country has to many award shows

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I mean wth seems like there is award show every month ofr some overpayed Hollywood star.. we should cancel them award shows and have award shows for all are vets

Skeeterg

Enlightened
+100 mate. I also would say way to much importance on sports to. Just a bunch of overpaid cry babies.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Award shows for inner city teachers, for first responders like firemen who rescue cats in a tree or pull little kids out of a fire.... or perhaps police... or just the average Joe/Jane for giving cpr to a stranger... that kinda stuff.

Those hollywood people keep giving themselves a pat on the back when in truth they've contributed little or nothing to the common good.

But I blame the society who tunes into those shows. Reality TV? What is that? How many people actually get stranded on a tropical island and get to vote on what's on the menu tonight?

No a reality show is when a group of kids get shot at while walking home from school because some thug who pissed off some other thugs just happened to be nearby.
The kid who ran to a store, called for help and stayed with his classmate helping stop the bleeding... that kid should get the award, not some hollyweird yellow bellied twirp.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
As communistic propaganda would say: capitalistic media creates stupid pointless shows just to diverge working people attention from real serious problems :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I agree 100%!

However, Bykfixers 'Flashlight of the Year Awards' would be a welcome addition! You can be president of the Academy of Flashlight Arts and Sciences.

Thanks Red. But I'm just following the lead of a few who have blazed a real smooth trail for folks like me to walk, all lit up by the gentle beam of a vintage flashlight.

Strange as it may sound my flashlight of the year award (for pure, simple, reliable general use) would go to Maglite this year for the 2 cell ML25. The super-sized mini mag.

Edit: the 'flashlight of the year 016' thread is up in the general discussion section. There's gotta be at least one NEBO mention in there Red. End edit.

Last edited: