Tmack customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoOnFire

Newly Enlightened
Haha, jealousy is what I felt after seeing the pictures you posted under "knives and lights". Not to mention the legion of vin lights you have listed there^.

Those Chris Reeve blades are sweet. I had to buy myself two new knives after seeing those pictures, just to console myself. I bought an Emerson and a benchmade. The girlfriend is not thrilled... She doesn't even know about what I'm getting from you yet.. :devil:

By the way that picture of your kid with the strop needs to be framed. Too cool. :thumbsup:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha that's one of my favorite pictures. I was in shock when I took it, but your only like the second or third person to say something. He wasn't even 2 in that picture. If i saw someone post their kid doing that I'd be in disbelief!

My new Damascus crk is my new baby!

They seem to be much more known than Rick Hinderer knives. Two of the best production knives ever made. My hinders are worth way more than even my best sebenza.
Just a titanium scale will set you back $300 of you are diligent enough to track one down. That's more than I would have paid for 3 knives a few years ago lol.

Mmassey338

Newly Enlightened
Haha that's one of my favorite pictures. I was in shock when I took it, but your only like the second or third person to say something. He wasn't even 2 in that picture. If i saw someone post their kid doing that I'd be in disbelief!

My new Damascus crk is my new baby!

They seem to be much more known than Rick Hinderer knives. Two of the best production knives ever made. My hinders are worth way more than even my best sebenza.
Just a titanium scale will set you back $300 of you are diligent enough to track one down. That's more than I would have paid for 3 knives a few years ago lol.

Well, now you've caused me to spend more on one flashlight than I would have on three a few MONTHS ago! And I'm still fighting the urge to buy one of your lasers.

RoccoOnFire

Newly Enlightened
One of the guys over there posted those pictures of his elephant bark ivory scales and I immediately had to look them up. I wish I hadn't, my wallet started weeping. Spending a grand on one set of scales and 1911 grips seems so wrong... but so right.

But more interestingly, have you considered a mammoth or mastodon ivory host?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mmassey338. Speak of hinderer! Haha. Good to see you brother. And don't fight it :D they are too much fun.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the guys over there posted those pictures of his elephant bark ivory scales and I immediately had to look them up. I wish I hadn't, my wallet started weeping. Spending a grand on one set of scales and 1911 grips seems so wrong... but so right.

But more interestingly, have you considered a mammoth or mastodon ivory host?

That would be incredible. Have a couple inlays on the battery tube. Stop it! Your going to make me order some!

star_c_star

Enlightened
:) can't wait to hear back from you guys. Be careful!

Positive towards the head. DONT INSERT REVERSED. IT WILL DIE!

Tmack,

I received the "Green Lantern" 1.2 watt 520 nm build around a half-hour ago, and have spent that time playing with it. Here are my impressions.

First, the beam and spot are BRIGHT! It makes my 215 mw 520 nm seem like a regular green laser pointer. In daylight, focusing it onto something in direct sunlight, around 3 feet away, produces a spot that is difficult to look at. Usually, even with my 5.6 and 3.2 watt 445 nm Tmag supers, the spots are easily viewable in direct sunlit areas.

Second, it is noticeably lighter in weight than my two Tmag supers.

Third, the green and black patina looks incredible, much better than the posted photographs convey.

Fourth, it still is an impressive burner, even at 1.2 watt. You need protective glasses even in daylight to see when the spot is best focused, since it is so bright.

Fifth, the divergence doesn't look much greater than my 215 mw 520 nm.

Finally, the spot turns a medium size room bright green with a ceiling bounce.

This monster will REALLY look impressive at night!!

As usual, thank-you, Tmack. The "Green Lantern" and my 5.6 watt Tmag super are now my two favorite builds.

I can't wait until they release a 10+ watt diode, with good divergence. That probably won't be soon, I suspect.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! Very happy it made it safely. That is one of the most impressive builds I've ever done. Wait till you get to shine it at a distance tonight. It's unreal how far it goes. I was totally shocked. That shows that the divergence is much better than I anticipated. The anodizing came out sick. And your other lasers are much higher wattage, so this one we had the luxury of saving some weight, while still keeping the diode nice and comfortable.

:D :D :D so happy you like it!

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I'm waiting for that one too!

600nm 10w single mode! Come on already! Haha.

Orange laser of doom

star_c_star

Enlightened
And I'm waiting for that one too!

600nm 10w single mode! Come on already! Haha.

Orange laser of doom

I'd prefer the 405 nm 10w single mode.

The seemingly not very bright, but incredibly strong burning, violet laser of doom.

Even the 1 watt 405 nm single mode is impressive.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
1060nm is Damn near invisible, but divergence sucks. It would be cool to go completely invisible but burn like crazy. You'd need night vision to see it lol. "why is my shoe smoking?" lol. That's bad news.

mokisdvm

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. Just opening my own thread to post some of my custom builds. Give me a shout if you like something. These are just some of my personal builds, and builds I've done for cpf friends :)

I have used this forum for years but finally joined so I guess I dont have the ability to contact you directly. I am interested in your custom lasers. What is the maximum power output you are producing in the 532 wavelength?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the party :)

I don't really deal with 532nm because it's a DPSS laser. That means it uses an infrared diode, pumped through a crystal to produce the green. That makes it fragile, sensitive to temperature, impact and is just generally larger.

I do however do direct diode green which is 520nm. A more forest green. Much more stable, and durable .

I can do up to 1000mw/1w but it is VERY expensive

The 445nm blue I can do 3w for much less money.

I can also do 6w of blue, but that's back up in the 1w green price territory.

200mw of 520nm is very bright, has excellent divergence, and is much better priced. A few guys here have that diode setup and enjoy it very much.
Will go for miles, and still smoke dark material.

What interests you? Distance /brightness? Burning? Color?

And in a host.

Size? Style?

XFlash

Enlightened
It made it, 2nd one from left, my newest laser from Tmack
I love the looks of it and the way it focuses, great job Tmack you were right it was worth it.
200mw 520

5las_001.jpg

Last edited:

RoccoOnFire

Newly Enlightened
:devil::devil:So, I got my laser in today, Tmack! After a thorough examination and use, in both day and night, I have made four major observations and I have one question.

First: The build is very nice, it looks cool aesthetically, and feels great in hand. The pictures really don't do it justice. That blue beam is so beautiful.

Second: I've never cursed at so many airplanes flying at night... preventing me from free range use of my new laser.

Third: I think I should close my PayPal account before I have it setup to wire my paychecks directly into your account.

Fourth: I now believe that, with this laser, I am a Jedi.

Q: If you make a Death Star laser build does that make us enemies? or do I join the dark side?

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this cool glass earth at the Smithsonian museum. I just made it cooler :cool:

47721bb4-3ad1-4f54-ae20-1b3461f0ff96_zps3e0b3d42.jpg
5fbc6023-202d-4184-a374-1cc0646fd8b7_zpsb34aa008.jpg
ac508a75-78f7-46c2-a52e-c02a6b6a94bc_zpsbe771319.jpg

Glass earth............................................445nm.................................................532nm

a1f45c3e-30dd-4cf7-a169-5cced75354cb_zps3be0fe7a.jpg
f3ecd7e8-a730-462f-9fbf-6854115f34de_zps5f9f4d06.jpg
3d42f0ea-6aa0-4298-8b4d-5c4b560b4bc4_zps75baaf25.jpg

638nm.................................................405nm..................................................638nm + 532nm

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
It made it, 2nd one from left, my newest laser from Tmack
I love the looks of it and the way it focuses, great job Tmack you were right it was worth it.
200mw 520

5las_001.jpg

So glad you like it! I'm in love with that host! We need a name!

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
:devil::devil:So, I got my laser in today, Tmack! After a thorough examination and use, in both day and night, I have made four major observations and I have one question.

First: The build is very nice, it looks cool aesthetically, and feels great in hand. The pictures really don't do it justice. That blue beam is so beautiful.

Second: I've never cursed at so many airplanes flying at night... preventing me from free range use of my new laser.

Third: I think I should close my PayPal account before I have it setup to wire my paychecks directly into your account.

Fourth: I now believe that, with this laser, I am a Jedi.

Q: If you make a Death Star laser build does that make us enemies? or do I join the dark side?

I supply light sabers and lasers to both the jedi and dark side. I cannot take sides with either. Both sides have reasonable arguments in the current feud in a galaxy far far away.

(can you believe I've never seen a entire star wars movie? Haha........)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts