Tmack customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spoke with Tmack via email a week ago. He is just busy. In the mean time i have one of his 3 watt blue burning lasers in a purple mag host i would like to sell. Email me at farrellbread7 (at)gmail.com if you are interested.

I'm really glad to hear that he's doing alright! I was a little worried.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Tmack just sent me back my 3 watt 445, he replaced the diode with a square one, and ruggedized the pill and switch and so forth, solder filled it, etc, as I use it for work and it takes a lot of abuse. It works like a charm.

I think he's a bit buried lately...but, he's still there.

:D

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear that he's alright, and it's good to hear that your laser is in good shape!

PhillyAnt

Newly Enlightened
Im gonna place an order with Jetlasers today. I would have loved to give him my business but I still haven't heard back.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey fellas!!!!

Sorry for the absence.

But...... I'm back!

My new flashlight parts were held up, and I had guys patiently waiting.

Everything is back on track, and I'm now taking orders for whatever you photon freaks want!

6w's all around!!!! Right?!

star_c_star

Enlightened
Hey fellas!!!!

Sorry for the absence.

But...... I'm back!

My new flashlight parts were held up, and I had guys patiently waiting.

Everything is back on track, and I'm now taking orders for whatever you photon freaks want!

6w's all around!!!! Right?!

Hi Tmack,

We're glad you're back!

Any interesting laser diode developments in the past several months that might require a Tmack upgrade?

star_c_star

Enlightened
Tmack

PhotonWrangler found the following link to a laser projector component

http://www.ledinside.com/products/2014/6/osram_creates_a_milestone_with_laser_diodes_for_projectors

It is a 50 watt output laser module, with around 20 laser diodes. It draws around 165 watts.

This would make an INCREDIBLE Tmack Custom! I suspect it would have to be plugged into a 120 volt socket due to the wattage and active cooling needed, but it would be an amazing laser cannon. Focusing the laser array might be a challenge as well.

This is probably not pocketable.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
50w! Well Damn!

I have a couple beam and image projectors, but they only have 3-4 diodes.

Definitely sounds interesting. Throw some real diodes in there!! Or if they already have good ones, rip email out!

evoandroidevo

Newly Enlightened
Hey tmack you still got that Evo remake? Also what's the highest 405nm you can make for $300 in a pocket size?

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey tmack you still got that Evo remake? Also what's the highest 405nm you can make for $300 in a pocket size?
I do gave that rebuild EVO. Completely focus able thanks to some custom machining. I got the focus adapter shaped and anodized so it looks like the stock laser, but it turns to focus. That's one of my favorite lasers I've ever made.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can do around 1000mw of 405 in a pocket size, but I'm going to tell you the truth. I HATE THOSE DIODES!! I've spent a lot of money replacing customers burnt diodes. So much on one case that I refused to put another 405 in that host lol.
They are 3.6mn which is just too small to be durable.

If that's what you really want, it's run for less than 30 second duty cycle just to be safe. Especially in a tiny host.

It's a shame too. Those 405 burn from extremely far.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
1ec71f8043ecdabb9bbc4b089246dee0.jpg

851mw completely waterproof laser.
Used the flashlight lens as a protective Window. This thing was showing beam in broad daylight.

Fixed focus, but you could use this underwater.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
1ec71f8043ecdabb9bbc4b089246dee0.jpg

851mw completely waterproof laser.
Used the flashlight lens as a protective Window. This thing was showing beam in broad daylight.

Fixed focus, but you could use this underwater.

There are a lot of aquarium people who want lasers to clean the corals of pests...do you think this would be able to burn underwater?

:D

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've sold many lasers to aquarium guys. They actually burn from outside the tank quite well. But to be able to really get up close would be better. I know they have trouble spots in their tank that are hard to reach otherwise.

Underwater is no biggie. Even 1w will burn underwater. Try it.

Get a glass of water, drop in a piece of electrical tape, and burn it. It's really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts