Traser TeknoLite

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Got an add from Traser this morning. Seems they are temporarily reducing the price on the TeknoLite by more than 50%. Don't know if this 4 LED light is all that good, but it has 2 small Trasers embedded in the flashlight casing so that you can find it in the dark. If the light is not so good, it might be a candidate for a mod. Even if they are not so hot, I figure at this price I will have to get a couple for my collection.
smile.gif

Here is the info:

By visiting www.traser.com between Wednesday 23rd October and Tuesday 29th October 2002, you can claim this weeks very special discount offer on the innovative TeknoLite. For this limited period only, we're knocking over 50% off the price of a TeknoLite, making a special offer price of just £12.99 (+postage & packing). The RRP of a TeknoLite is £29.99, so this really is a limited offer!
Click the link and go to the TeknoLite section of our website.
http://www.traser.com/index3.htm
The traser team
traser UK Ltd, Magnolia House, 19 Stour Road, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1PL
www.traser.com T.+44 1202 487757, F.+44 1202 483836

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Luminocity, looks like we both got the Traser email at the same time, we both posted the details within one minute of each other
grin.gif

I bought one of the old style Traser torches about two years ago and it's well made with pretty good light output.
It can also run off 3x C size batteries or 3x AA size (with AA's it floats)

Picture+003.jpg

If these new versions are the same quality, then at just £12.99 its a bargain
smile.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I thought the same thing when I read a few reviews of Teklite's at The LED Museum.

On the flashlight body it says " Lite-Pro™ Trakfinder™ "

Here's a close-up pic showing the Tritium vial inserts & the writing:

Picture.jpg

dirobesh

Enlightened
The teknolite was the first non-keyring led torch I bought. It's noticeably brighter than my eternalight ergo (both using lithiums) The 2 trasers really show up well in the dark. It gives off a nice whitish light, although the one I bought my dad for his birthday in August (my first convert!) was noticeably bluer and didn't have quite the brightness. The body is nicely shaped to fit the palm of the hand. The only minor niggle I have is that the clear plastic head tends to mess up your night vision. I've put some black tape on it down to the trasers and that's done the job, without lessening the effeciveness of them. Definitely worth having.

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
X-ray, I noticed the timing of our posts too. Pretty funny!
grin.gif

Well it sounds like they are pretty decent. That is good, because I ordered 3 of them this morning. One will go to my Dad for his birtday, and the other 2 will go to my ever expanding flashlight collection.

This has been one heck of a flashlight week. First a commitment to purchase TXWEST'S SF M3 and Turbo Head, along with an order for 4 Inretech AA adapters and now 3 of these Teknolites. What's that sound??? Oh, just the sound of my bank account rapidly draining.
shocked.gif

The next few weeks will be fun though as these items trickle in. I'll admit it, I am a hopeless Flashaholic.
yellowlaugh.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Sigman:
They wanted 12.99 in English pounds correct? What's the English pound to U.S. Dollar conversion and total price with shipping?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes £12.99, thats $20.18 at the current exchange rate.

Not sure if Traser will ship to the US (They won't ship glowrings because the tritium inside is radioactive and illegal to sell in the US)

Check the Traser website for mor details or you can call them on +44 1202 48 77 57

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Thanks, I guess we'll see if Luminocity get's his. By that time though, the sale will be over, I guess I could just email them.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had another look at the Traser web site, In the glowring section it clearly states that they will not ship to the US, In the flashlight section there is no such warning so you should be ok
smile.gif

PS. no exact shipping charge, it just says "international shipping charged at cost"

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
They wanted 12.99 in English pounds correct? What's the English pound to U.S. Dollar conversion and total price with shipping?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
*** UPDATE ***

Just received my Teknolite torch, at £12.99 it is a bargain.

Gives a nice bright flood type beam (very similar to the PT Attidude, only slightly brighter and with less blue tint)

Came with 3x AA batteries and lanyard.

If anyone is interested the £12.99 deal ends today so get your orders in quick.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the reply I got when trying to find cost on the lights. It was based on 2 lights. I believe the sale is over today. TX

Dear Tex
The approximate total cost is $42.00 of which $6.00 is the shipping cost.
Regards
Customer Services

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 October 2002 22:53
To: Traser Sales
Subject: Re: Enquiry from Traser Website ...

What I was looking for was the cost in $$, as I don't know what conversion rate you use. Plus I was looking for the cost of shipping, not the name of the carrier.
Tex

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
grin.gif
Maybe that's why all those planes are being stopped and inspected...those ships are being held off shore & inspected before being allowed to come into port???
GLOW RINGS!!!!
grin.gif

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Well, my TeknoLites arrived today, but all I got was a slip.
frown.gif
Yes, nobody was at home when the mail carrier came by, so they left me a slip. The good thing though is that the goodies are waiting for me at the Post Office and I will be picking them up tomorrow.
smile.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're lucky your post office is open on Sat. Most of them aren't. See you Sun. TX

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
I did not realize that most PO's are closed on Saturday!
shocked.gif
Looks like I lucked out this time!

- Begin gloat -
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

This is going to be a great weekend. First I get my bag 'O TeknoLites in 4 hours, and tomorrow I meet TX to purchase his M3 and check out his extensive flashlight collection!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

- End gloat -

Seriously, it is funny how it often seems like several good "flashlight purchases/events" end up occuring at the same time. There have been a number of times that I have ordered Flashaholic items from 2 different suppliers on different dates and had them both show up on the same day.

TX, I will bring my TeknoLites tomorrow for you to see since I'm assuming your order has not yet arrived.