• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TX25C2vn KIT- Pocket Throw King

turkeylord

Enlightened
Re: TX25C2vn V2 PDT - Pocket Throw King

How does the throw compare to the G25C2vn?

*edit* Nevermind, found some discussion in the other thread

Last edited:

GeoffS

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: TX25C2vn Turbo PDT

Vinh.

Just got got my light and fired it up with Panasonic high drains. I seem to have lost the strobe mode and only have a low instead. Yet when I hold the button down after pressing twice I get the strobe. Is this normal?

Saul Good

Enlightened

Vinh.

Just got got my light and fired it up with Panasonic high drains. I seem to have lost the strobe mode and only have a low instead. Yet when I hold the button down after pressing twice I get the strobe. Is this normal?

It's normal if you're in regular mode and not in tactical mode. Refer to Eagletacs website (if you don't have a manual) to find out how to use Eagtac interface and switch back to tactical mode if that's what you prefer. I prefer regular mode myself:)

huuho2014

Newly Enlightened

Vinh,
Got my light this afternoon and just tested it, for such a compact light the throw in turbo mode is simply INSANE. btw, is mine XML2 or XPG2?
Thanks,

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh,
Got my light this afternoon and just tested it, for such a compact light the throw in turbo mode is simply INSANE. btw, is mine XML2 or XPG2?
Thanks,

All XML2 unless you ordered V2T

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh.

I never even play with strobe. I just know head twist changes the constant brightness modes.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

70-80 kcd for xpg2 dedome and 60kcd for xml2 dedome. the v3 version would be slightly more

nofon

Newly Enlightened

How long until this light becomes uncomfortably hot on turbo?

pongraider

Newly Enlightened

Hey,

I got my light yesterday (TX25C2vnT xpg2 PDTc) and well, it's my first custom light so I'm very impressed. In fact, I never though it was possible to get such throw on a light this size.

As I am a "noob", I have some questions though.

- The light got 4 bright mode when I short click the button 1 => 2 => 3 => 4. I can also long press to do Off=>4 and Any=>Off. Look-like I can't do anything more. The EagleTac "Adj" button do nothing (or maybe I am using it wrong ?)
- I can't find a "tactical mode" like you said. Do my flashlight got such thing ?
- A simple noobish question about batteries : I am usually using protected batteries but for this flashlight, they are not. Do you have any advice to know when to charge to avoid killing it ?

Thank you and thanks do you Vinh :)

Hey,

I got my light yesterday (TX25C2vnT xpg2 PDTc) and well, it's my first custom light so I'm very impressed. In fact, I never though it was possible to get such throw on a light this size.

- The light got 4 bright mode when I short click the button 1 => 2 => 3 => 4. I can also long press to do Off=>4 and Any=>Off. Look-like I can't do anything more. The EagleTac "Adj" button do nothing (or maybe I am using it wrong ?)
- I can't find a "tactical mode" like you said. Do my flashlight got such thing ?
- A simple noobish question about batteries : I am usually using protected batteries but for this flashlight, they are not. Do you have any advice to know when to charge to avoid killing it ?

Welcome to an expensive hobby :)

I don't have a modded one yet, but here is the ui for the stock version....hope this is some help...

Operation:
  • Basic - Turn on the light by press and release the on/off button switch (<0.4s). To turn off the light, press and release the switch again.
  • For momentary on, press and hold the button switch for immediate output.
  • Twist the head to select between three output levels. You can pre-select the desired output level before turning on the flashlight.
  • Instant Turbo output - at any output level, press and hold the flashlight for 100% output. Release the button to return to previous level.
  • Instant Strobe output - at any output level (or off), double press and hold the on/off button switch for strobe output. Release the button to return to previous level (or off).
  • To access auxiliary levels, starting at head tight position (1st level), loosen to 3rd level and then tighten the head within one second to enter auxiliary setting. Repeat to cycle through all settings. Turn off the light or loosen the head to quit.
  • (Programmable Features) Mode switching: To switch between tactical and regular mode, turn on the flashlight at 1st level, dial to 2nd level and then back to 1st level for ten times within five seconds.
  • (Programmable Features) Energy saving feature: Enabled by default, this feature reduces output by 25% (or 10% when disabled) after 200 seconds at turbo mode. To toggle this feature, turn on the flashlight at 3rd level, and dial to 2nd level and then back to 3rd level for ten times within five seconds.

pongraider

Newly Enlightened

Welcome to an expensive hobby :)
I don't know if it will become a hobby atm because I already have expensives hobbies and I also have a wife :D
But, thank you ;)

About the light, the problem is that all theses functions does not work on my light. The head loosen "thing" do nothing on the light. Well, it's not grievous because the light work very well but I just would like to know if it's normal (because of the mod ?).

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Are either one of these in stock? Interested but don't know if I want more throw with the xpg, or more of a spill beam with the expense of more heat with the XML...

TX25C2vn XML2 PDT V2: $140 Shipped USA
TX25C2vn XPG2 PDT V2T: $155 Shipped USA

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Are either one of these in stock? Interested but don't know if I want more throw with the xpg, or more of a spill beam with the expense of more heat with the XML...

TX25C2vn XML2 PDT V2: $140 Shipped USA
TX25C2vn XPG2 PDT V2T: $155 Shipped USA

Both r in stock. I love both version.

strijker

Newly Enlightened
TX25C2vn V2 PDT - Pocket Throw King

Hey,

like me, you probably got the tx25c2 v3 which comes with a new driver with LD60vn like user interface.

vinh shows it here:
http://youtu.be/InM2og2yRb8

twisting the head has no function anymore. you also loose strobe functions.

there is however a momentary on mode, which is explained in de vid above.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

pongraider

Newly Enlightened

(...)you probably got the tx25c2 v3 which comes with a new driver with LD60vn like user interface(...)
Yes, I got the tx25c2 v3 =) Thank you for the info ! That's exactly how it works. I didn't find the momentary on function =)

Latest posts