• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ultra High Power Near InfraRed Flashlight

LightScene

Enlightened
Edit: It's possible that overexposure to any light frequency could be damaging.

I have found that there are clinical lasers at 830nM which are being used on various injuries. Sportlaser.com sells them.
MicroLight 830 is another therapeutic laser device that operates at 90mW.

This is a company that sells lasers in several frequency ranges (including 830nM and 670nM) and in several power ranges. WorldStarTech

670nM

Newly Enlightened
Alright...I read more about that sportlaser and emailed the producers of it for a price quote...they never returned my email. But I found this site http://www.healthiswealthmaui.com/SportLaser.html

nothing special about this site besides the fact that it tells how much the sportlaser costs. $3,995 for the corded version and $7,250 for the cordless version. From the sportlaser site itself it lists the specs as having 3 30mW 830nM lasers in an array. I figure you'd only need one and they and from the site you listed you can get a 30mW 830nM laser for just a bit over a hundred bucks. Power that with your computer power supply and your all set. Put three of them together and have the same thing a sportlaser has for less than a tenth the price. I'm looking into it more. What do you think? Could be onto something...the sportlaser is actually FDA approved for treating carpal tunnel syndrome. I've been having a bit of a problem with that lately.

LightScene

Enlightened
It's going to be pretty tricky working with an invisible, high power, laser beam. It would be nice to know that a 30mW 830nM beam is harmless. Or if not, then it would be nice to know how much exposure is too much. What if you accidentally shine it in your eye? Will it reflect from a shiny surface the same way ordinary light does?

It would seem that a diffuser would be necessary. What will the beam "look like" if you put a diffuser lens in front of it?

If we could get answers to a few questions, the project looks promising.

I bought a 5mW 670nM laser pointer, with a constant on feature. I love the color. I found that if I shine a white Arc LSL on the same spot on my skin where I am shining the laser, then I get a better understanding of just how bright/dim the laser is. The problem with this setup is that it's hard to cover a 2" by 2" area of skin with a 3mm beam. Still, my feeling is that the process is beneficial. I certainly don't feel that it's dangerous.

I like looking at the beam reflected off the palm of my hand up close. The 670nM frequency seems therapeutic. I wish I had a Luxeon with a peak at 670nM. That would make this light therapy procedure much, much simpler.