ULTRA-LUX PR-26650 SST-90 Stainless Steel and Brass

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ULTRA-LUX PR-26650 SST-90 Stainless & Brass

The SS V3 Dragon Body looks super tempting...and those prices are a BARGAIN for this light!

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

The SS V3 Dragon Body looks super tempting...and those prices are a BARGAIN for this light!
Yeah - I know. I just wish they had shown up about a month from now. If I'm lucky they will still be around then.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah... So I ended up ordering a Ultra-Lux 26650 SST-90 Brass V1 Dragon Body. Should be a nice and hefty light. My first big brass light. :D

I reckon a good proportion of flashaholics must have the "Magpie Gene" somewhere in us... We just love shiny lights... :p

Oh yes... Almost forgot... Thank you, Bob, for your kind assistance!

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's great Jon! Maybe you can post some photos once you get it?

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey everyone! Just received my Brass V1 Dragon. I'm happy to report that the machining on the Brass light is of the same top-notch work that Chris does on the Titanium lights. Side by side with the Titanium, apart from the beautiful gold lustre of the brass and the bezel being stainless steel and the lack of trit slots, they're the same light inside.

Oh, then there's the heft. Nice feel in-hand. A quick trip to the scales... My Titanium V1 Dragon weighs in fully loaded (minus the trits I have yet to install) at 429g and the Brass V1 at 664g.

Thanks again to Chris for the gorgeous light design and amazing machining work, and Bob from RMSK for his assistance in getting my light to me. :twothumbs

13843831494_17fbd18223_o.jpg

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey everyone! Just received my Brass V1 Dragon. I'm happy to report that the machining on the Brass light is of the same top-notch work that Chris does on the Titanium lights. Side by side with the Titanium, apart from the beautiful gold lustre of the brass and the bezel being stainless steel and the lack of trit slots, they're the same light inside.

Oh, then there's the heft. Nice feel in-hand. A quick trip to the scales... My Titanium V1 Dragon weighs in fully loaded (minus the trits I have yet to install) at 429g and the Brass V1 at 664g.

Thanks again to Chris for the gorgeous light design and amazing machining work, and Bob from RMSK for his assistance in getting my light to me. :twothumbs

Thanks for sharing Jon. That's a great looking light (it's making me more anxious to get mine ;)). I also really like the photo with the Ti version out-of-focus in the background. :)

OtisCampbell

Enlightened

Looks like I missed out on the V1's... I'll keep an eye out for the copper run.. :D

DUMDUM

Enlightened

OtisCampbell I hope to have some V1s in stock in about a month.
I do have a couple of V3s on hand.
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

Thanks for the pictures and info Jon.

I'm curious to know if your tailswitch on the brass version is also retained in the same way as for the Ti version.
That is to say, with external and internal o-rings.

The reason that I ask is because Chris had said that he may change this so that the the tailswitch is threaded and also retained with an internal threaded metal ring.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm curious to know if your tailswitch on the brass version is also retained in the same way as for the Ti version.
That is to say, with external and internal o-rings.

The reason that I ask is because Chris had said that he may change this so that the the tailswitch is threaded and also retained with an internal threaded metal ring.

Hi Daniel,

You're correct on this one. Chris has changed the tailswitch retaining method. The tailswitch on my brass light is threaded, unlike the O-rings for the Titanium light.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Hi Daniel,

You're correct on this one. Chris has changed the tailswitch retaining method. The tailswitch on my brass light is threaded, unlike the O-rings for the Titanium light.

Thanks for confirming that Jon. I take it that there's no external o-ring visible for the brass version from the outside then? (unlike the Ti version)

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for confirming that Jon. I take it that there's no external o-ring visible for the brass version from the outside then? (unlike the Ti version)

Yes, the brass version does not have the visible, red external O-ring that the titanium light has.

easilyled

Flashaholic

As DUMDUM was not prepared to ship one of these lights to the UK for me, I commissioned a special one from Chris himself :)

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

As DUMDUM was not prepared to ship one of these lights to the UK for me, I commissioned a special one from Chris himself :)

Nice nice nice! :twothumbs Beautiful hybrid! Must be a very hefty light. :D

easilyled

Flashaholic

Nice nice nice! :twothumbs Beautiful hybrid! Must be a very hefty light. :D

Thanks Jon, yes its heavy alright. It could double up as a cudgel in an emergency but hopefully that won't be necessary. ;)