Ultrafire BRC 18650 3000mAh charges but does not work?

LandToSea

Newly Enlightened
I bought a pair of Ultrafire BRC 18650 3000mAh batteries and charged them together. I got the green "charged" light and pulled them. One works and the other does not in either of my flashlights, a Fenix TK21 Ultimate and PD32 Ultimate. I replaced the battery onto the charger overnight and the indicator stays green but it still will not power either light?Not a huge deal, just curious how this could happen and want to make sure I do not throw out a possible good battery. Thanks!

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the protector pcb kick off, you must get better batteries, or good batteries, those ultrafire are crap, all of them, if I have those lights I will get named brands like, panasonic, sanyo, lg or sony. Check the Good Deal section, there you can find good prices on this batteries...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

LandToSea

Newly Enlightened
Maybe the protector pcb kick off, you must get better batteries, or good batteries, those ultrafire are crap, all of them, if I have those lights I will get named brands like, panasonic, sanyo, lg or sony. Check the Good Deal section, there you can find good prices on this batteries.... :D

Earlier I ordered a couple Intl-outdoor Sanyo UR18650FM 2600mAh. They seemed to be a good match for my lights? I do not use my lights very often, the TK21 is now on an AR setup full time and the other is new. I still had the Surefire disposable batteries that I got with the TK21 installed and had not started using the rechargables yet. When I got them 3 months ago I charged them and stored them to be ready once the Surefires died. I just got the second light so I got the Ultrafire rechargables out to use and that is when I found the one dead.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried the method below to reset and it did not seem to work. Not sure if I need a certain type of resistance on the wire connecting the negative ends? I used heavy gauge copper wire I had.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...dilast-18650&p=4053717&viewfull=1#post4053717

If this dont work stay away from this battery, check in ebay or some reliable site for the protected panasonic, you can find a pair for less than 20$

I'm no fan of AW, are too expensive for my taste, you will get better options at better prices...

LandToSea

Newly Enlightened
If this dont work stay away from this battery, check in ebay or some reliable site for the protected panasonic, you can find a pair for less than 20$

I'm no fan of AW, are too expensive for my taste, you will get better options at better prices.... :D

Stay away from the Sanyo or the Ultrafire??? I got the message on the Ultrafire and am hoping the Sanyo were the right choice?

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sanyo are to cheapest and the betters for the price, you can find the pair for less than 12$ protected shipped. Check fasttech dot com

RBWNY

Enlightened
You guys need to be careful with these cells. eBay isn't exactly the most trusted place to buy Li-ion batteries. Only because 90% of those vendors are Chinese, and their stock can be questionable...at best!! There ARE some good Sanyo cells...2600mAh...BUT they're UN-protected, so you need to be careful when using them. For "Changchung" to say you're not a fan of AW-(because of the cost)--is ludicrous!! Just be VERY leary, and VERY careful of anything that's less than $15!!

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys need to be careful with these cells. eBay isn't exactly the most trusted place to buy Li-ion batteries. Only because 90% of those vendors are Chinese, and their stock can be questionable...at best!! There ARE some good Sanyo cells...2600mAh...BUT they're UN-protected, so you need to be careful when using them. For "Changchung" to say you're not a fan of AW-(because of the cost)--is ludicrous!! Just be VERY leary, and VERY careful of anything that's less than $15!!

Hi there, yes, I am not fan becuase that, so high those prices.

I have no problem with the unprotected, almost all my batteries are like this. I just have some precautions. Checking the voltage, dont underdischarge, etc, almost all the new lights had under voltage discharge warning, that help a lot.

I buy a lot in ebay, fortunately never had bad experiences, anyway we have paypal on our side.

I bought my last 18650 (sanyo) 2600 unprotected in buyincoins (Lg) 3000 and (panasonic) 3100 protected in ebay well used, no problem at all, and fasttech (panasonic) 3400 protected 19$ the pair shipped... Not received yet... See why I dont buy AW? :D

Last edited: