Ultrastinger

axolotls

Enlightened
Rec'd my US with AC and DC Fast Chargers. Haven't tested the DC yet. I am thoroughly almost satisfied with it.
grin.gif
Took it out for an evening stroll in the hills (i.e. undeveloped). Black cat started following us. I thought a quick zap of the US would tell him to go away. But, he seemed to be drawn to the sheer power of the US and followed for a quarter mile before I took him back to where I found him.

Just rambling. I have the dimples on the reflector (is that the new style?)

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If my understanding is correct, the "new" style reflector is dimpled near the bulb, and shiny/smooth near the lens. My UltraStinger (about a year old), has "graduated" dimples on the whole reflector, while the Stinger HP I recently purchased has the dimpled-to-smooth reflector. (I exchanged the heads of the Ultra and HP, and what a difference it makes to the reach of the light.)

jmm

Newly Enlightened
flashfan - Which are you saying has the LONGER REACH, graduated dimples or the dimpled-smooth combo?

John

axolotls

Enlightened
Yup, I am half dimpled. It throws really far. Hey Dano, where are you? I am pretty sure the beam can reach you from my place!!

battman

Newly Enlightened
Got my US for $91.99 incl S&H from www.arizonagunrunners.com

Compared it to my buddies new magcharger at the airport last night. The US had a whiter, smoother beam with a draw for the throw. Would've won the throw too, but think I need a few more charge cycles for the batt.
smile.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
jmm: The dimpled-to-smooth combination reaches way out there. In comparing the HP with the Ultra, I noticed that the HP had a much better hot spot and reach. So I swtiched the heads, and the difference was remarkable...in my opinion, anyway.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my US last Nov, & it has the combo reflector. Wouldn't want anything else. If I want close up, I'll get a SF or Surge. For reach, it'll be th US or a spotlight. TX

axolotls

Enlightened
"But the AC power cord delivered is the ref.22311 (the same delivered with the normal charger) in place of the ref.22665 (for Ultrastinger fast charge only)."

Can anyone verify Flashlight Lover's claim on the Fast A/C Charger Part No?