USS Bonhomme Richard

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A long time ago a supervisor was listening to me whine about how contractors sometimes get by with shoddy work while being fully compensated and as an inspector who knows it was shoddy it's just dawg gone aggrevating.

He says "well what would you prefer?" I said I wanted inspect naval vessels. If it aint built right people die.

After reading post 20 I'm glad I never got that job. Yikes!!

One day on a bridge project an environmental dude and I were walking under a bridge with welders above us. We noticed nearby a small grass fire and luckily a bunch of sand nearby. We scooped up a bunch of sand in our hard hats and tossed it on the fire, extinguishing it. Suddenly this young guy comes running down the scafold stairs workers use to get up top. "oh snap, oh snap" he was yelling as he frantically ran toward us as we put out the fire.
Turns out he was a union newb who had passed out in the heat up on the bridge deck the day before so they told him to stay under the bridge in the shade and watch for fire. Last I heard the guy was working at a famous sandwich shoppe.

Latest posts