Vortex KC-1 where to buy?

coachbigdog

Enlightened
I took it apart last night and the interesting thing to me is that the optic is a nx05,or at least it looks exactly like one,but it has a beam of a fraen lp.Now I don't know a thing about modding,so is it because it's a low dome or because of the retaining ring.Actually it's not even a retaining ring.It just creates a space between the optic and the led.I put in a fraen,but I guess it didn't do well because it's actually a low dome.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
I don't think he's here anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I think he's here or has been here very recently. Right, Convertimago? Probably be back Tuesday or so.

See, Trevs can't post that he doesn't know what a Longbow is. Why? Because he can't help himself. A few days later he just had to post an authoritative opinion referencing the market indices regarding LBs.

These VortexVision guys are slated for ShotShow this year. Hope they get a clue soon.

Sigman, now I see why you've been eating so much popcorn. Care to share?

watchmovie.gif
watchmovie.gif
watchmovie.gif
watchmovie.gif
watchmovie.gif
watchmovie.gif

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
This light is on my must have list and I would love to find a dealer to purchase from however have had no luck with any searches.I read above that this is a low dome....is this correct?
If it is a low dome another poster said it was easy to get to the parts for modders...has anyone here modded one with a high dome?
The light is just a slick looking little light and I do hope to have one in the future.Anyone have pics of one of these lights taken apart?

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Robocop said:
This light is on my must have list and I would love to find a dealer to purchase from however have had no luck with any searches.I read above that this is a low dome....is this correct?
If it is a low dome another poster said it was easy to get to the parts for modders...has anyone here modded one with a high dome?
The light is just a slick looking little light and I do hope to have one in the future.Anyone have pics of one of these lights taken apart?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes,it is a low dome,but there is no hint of green.Mine is on the blue side.It is as bright and throws as far as both arc-ls I had.The S.L.jr is also a low dome,but is getting rave reviews.But as I said it would be VERY easy to mod.The star pops right out after the retaining ring is removed.

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
I hate to be crass

but I'll risk it. Can someone cut through the BS on this for at least one noob who gets none of the inside jokes here? The site linked to, imagosomethingoranother, reads like a bad marketing proposal. The light looks cool enough but I don't anyplace where one can actually purchase it.

Please take pity on me. Inform me. Links, please to a direct merchant.

How about offering up the skinny on this light with the esoteric references.

Thanks.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I hate to be crass

I think it comes down to "small, very bright, not currently available in most stores". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif At least, that's how I read the review.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Vortex KC-1 where to buy?

[ QUOTE ]
iceweasel said:
The site linked to, imagosomethingoranother, reads like a bad marketing proposal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an incredibly astute observation. I enjoy the fake beamshots against the garbage bag.

iceweasel -

I'm thinking, let's give it the weekend plus Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Let's see if ConvertaTrevor has anything else to say by then.

I'm sure you've deduced that I, for one, have little confidence or patience with this site's reviews.

Further, just because Aten Imaghost includes a light in his "reviews" doesn't mean the light should be in question...just the review.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wish I had some popcorn.....

I'll walk the line here and say that there were some previous "opinion differences" between certain parties, and one of those parties was asked not to participate in this community any longer.
There are those that might suspect, however, that the "offending" party might have decided to rejoin the community for whatever reason they thought appropriate, though I don't believe it worked out well.

Hmm…. That sounded rather obtuse and pompous.

Enough said.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll have to disagree, sir.

That was a masterful use of the written word used to convey what's going on without stepping over the line.

Well done. Bravo!

- Jeff

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Re: I hate to be crass

[ QUOTE ]
iceweasel said:
but I'll risk it. Can someone cut through the BS on this for at least one noob who gets none of the inside jokes here? The site linked to, imagosomethingoranother, reads like a bad marketing proposal. The light looks cool enough but I don't anyplace where one can actually purchase it.

Please take pity on me. Inform me. Links, please to a direct merchant.

How about offering up the skinny on this light with the esoteric references.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom line: Not out yet. Go to google and look up vortex vision,I THINK. But I KNOW it's not out yet.

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened

Thanks. It's just frustrated not being able to decode the subtext yet detect that there is definitely an undercurrent. The light looks cool but it seems to be so much vaporware. Though, it seems a few people actually have them.

Maybe I just save my money for something from one of the prominent modders. I actually love that litle CR123 that was auctioned off not long ago (the one the gentleman made in several different materials). Forgive me, the modder's name escapes me. But that looks exactly like what I want. Of course, it seems he only made a few lights and so the rest of the story goes...

A conniseurs tastes for the handbuilt light on a production light budget.

Thanks again.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Um, has anyone called the phone number at the bottom of the VortexVision webpage or tried the email? Just a suggestion.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Robocop said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is a low dome,but I don't think anyone has modded one yet as they aren't out yet.I just lucked up and got it after Aten reviewed it.Even though it's a low dome,it's every bit as bright as the 2 arc-ls that I had.The beam pattern is a tad ringy towards the outer corona,but outside you can't tell.

UWAK

Enlightened
Vbeez, there is a shop in Malaysia that sell Vortex product but doesn't list up the KC1. Where exactly you got it in HK? Sorry for being late to reply.

FRIDS

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I see at least one model of the Vortex flashlight at http://www.countycomm.com/Whats%20New.htm (scroll a little past halfway down). Perhaps they would know where to get the smaller one.

Interesting that they come with only a Low Dome, if anyone finds out where to get the lil' short one please let me know. I think swapping in a T-binned HighDome Luxeon3 and IMS 20.5mm reflector would wake up this light Big Time.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
[ QUOTE ]
iceweasel said:
The site linked to, imagosomethingoranother, reads like a bad marketing proposal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an incredibly astute observation. I enjoy the fake beamshots against the garbage bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I've never understood those photos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Is he afraid of the dark or what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:

You know, I've never understood those photos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Is he afraid of the dark or what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That had not occured to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
I have decided that reality scares the who haw out of him.

If I'm understanding Fitz's post, Aten Imaginary is unlikely to participate further in this discussion.

I would like to see what Mr. B. would do to one of these small Vortexes.

Latest posts