WA 1185 will ultrafire 18650 work?

DocD

Enlightened
Hi i trying to find out if 3x 18650 protected li-ion ultrafires or trustfires will start a WA1185 bulb or do i have to buy AW 18650?
please this not a bash the rubbish battery thread, just a simple question with a hopefully simple answer cheers DocD

mikevelarde

Enlightened
I think you will be better off with AW's cell whether you choose the Black/silver protected one for longer runtime or the red IMR one for high current application.

I personally is using AW's 3 X IMR 18650 to power up the MN61 in the megalennium in the meantime. I'm still waiting for FM MN bi pin to arrive to try out the 1185 bulb.:wave:

Wattnot

Enlightened
AWs are better than both of those but the better of those two, for certain, is the Trustfire.

Both Trustfires and Ultrafires have been tested by members here. The Trustfires did quite well and even beat the AW's in one high current scenario, IIRC. The Ultrafires are more paperweights and fire starters than batteries.

DocD

Enlightened
Hi,
Thanks for the info and i have AW 123 cell and there 1st class but the question is still unanswered will 3 of other batteries light a WA1185 bulb in a megalinuim in one click or AW soft start switch, any one have one, care to give it a try?, and i'm sure AW 18650 are the best for my money but i have a lot of the other battery just don't want to be lacking the batteries when my megalinuim turns up if you see what i'm getting at cheers many thanks DocD

mikevelarde

Enlightened
My FM MN bi pin show up this morning!! Put an WA1185 in it and 3 X AW's IMR18650 inside the megalennium and :devil: single click on the AW soft start at 100% brightness!!( no double click!!!:hitit:)

I have another setup using a Surefire 9P and FM's D26 sunlight socket fitted with another WA1185 and using 3 x AW's IMR16340 and another :devil: using the stock z41 twisty switch!!

DocD

Enlightened
Hi any one else maybe have any thought's
3 x 18650 ultrafire or trustfire protected
start a WA 11850 bulb they are protected
I'm realy looking for a solid answer or i have too send more money on AW cell's
cheers DocD

DocD

Enlightened
Just to let you guys and girls know 3 blue do power up a WA1185 in my MEGA 6 with soft switch from AW,run time 29min not bad for cheap batteries but grey's only 16min oh well so be it :thumbsup: i'll still buy some AW cells and some IMR cheers DocD