Want a perfect 1x18650 light that outperform my d25lc klicky xm-l.

Dalvik120

Newly Enlightened
The D25LC2 Clicky is an excellent EDC light, but in our dark swedish forests i need some more "PUNCH"!

Not a dedicated thrower, I love the d25 flood. Preferably 18650/cr123

Been looking at Olight m21-x , Thrunite tn11 and the Armyteks as well. Can pick up a used TK41 for about $70 too, but it seems a bit bulky. Any other options?

Last edited:

peter_cook2

Newly Enlightened
The d25 is an excellent EDC light, but in our dark swedish forests i need some more 'PUNCH!

Not a dedicated thrower, I love the d25 flood. Preferably 1865/cr123

Been looking at olight m21-x , Thrunite tn11 and the Armyteks as well. Can pick up a used TK41 for about $70 too, but it seems a bit bulky. Any other options?

How about the Thrunite Scorpion v2 (or is this considered a thrower?) looks good in all the reviews i have seen!
Im considering it as my next necessity! :grin2:

Peter.

Dalvik120

Newly Enlightened
How about the Thrunite Scorpion v2 (or is this considered a thrower?) looks good in all the reviews i have seen!
Im considering it as my next necessity! :grin2:

Peter.

That thing looks brilliant! Don't know why i haven't considered it before. Thanks! =)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Thrunite Scorpion v2 is.a good choice, but.if you require excellent regulation with a single 18650, then the Xeno G42 XM-L U2 is a great choice. It can tail stand and certainly has that extra punch that you are looking for.

Bwolcott

Enlightened
for the size of your d25lc2 clicky there arent many lights that will out perform it, all of these lights being mentioned other then the sc600 are much bigger then the eagletac

Dalvik120

Newly Enlightened
The Thrunite Scorpion v2 is.a good choice, but.if you require excellent regulation with a single 18650, then the Xeno G42 XM-L U2 is a great choice. It can tail stand and certainly has that extra punch that you are looking for.

Another light to consider. Thanks! :grin2:

Dalvik120

Newly Enlightened
for the size of your d25lc2 clicky there arent many lights that will out perform it, all of these lights being mentioned other then the sc600 are much bigger then the eagletac

Yeah, I know. This won't be my EDC though. :)

Dalvik120

Newly Enlightened
I guess I have to add another contender to the list. The Eagletac G25C MkII looks absolutely awesome!

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I know you mentioned the armyteks, I have the viking x and just wanted to say the quality is extremely good, def better then a lot of the other big manufactures

TEEJ

Flashaholic
What kind of range do you need to see out to?

That will give an idea as to how much of a flood light would make sense.

:D

(Most of the lights you listed were actually geared more towards throw than flood)

Dalvik120

Newly Enlightened
What kind of range do you need to see out to?

That will give an idea as to how much of a flood light would make sense.

:D

(Most of the lights you listed were actually geared more towards throw than flood)

Yeah, I guess I want a throwy light. Although, it has to have a useful spill beam as well.
In the ~200-300m range there seems to be quite a few "floody throwers". :)

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why don't you just replace the xm-l D25LC2, with the xp-g2 version. That should more than double the lux.

Dalvik120

Newly Enlightened
Why don't you just replace the xm-l D25LC2, with the xp-g2 version. That should more than double the lux.

Yeah, I thought about that too. I really like the D25LC2. Waiting for reviews and beamshots of the XP-G2 version. :)

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Yeah, I thought about that too. I really like the D25LC2. Waiting for reviews and beamshots of the XP-G2 version. :)

theres no way it will do the 200-300 meter range even with the xp g2, your going to have to go with a light with a larger head