Wanted Mag rubber switch cover.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I had a phone call last night from a friend asking me if I was able to get him a rubber switch cover for his Mag, he has some how lost his. Does anyone here have a spare that they could post to me?
Thanks Norm.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Thanks Mike I was undecided about where to put this. Maybe one of the Mods would be kind enough to move it.
Norm

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
This question has been asked many times, including once by me. If you call Maglite's toll free number directly, they will send you two free ones.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I contacted Maglite and they won't send overseas, does anyone have a spare they can send me or can someone pick up a pack of three and I'll send the funds for the purchase and postage?
Norm

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
Did they say why they won't send overseas? Are these pieces of rubber part of some terrorist acts or possibly gun parts in their opinion? Too bad their customer service isn't that good at all.

Norm

Retired Administrator
See for yourself this is exactly the reply I received.
Dear "Norm"

Thank you very much for your recent email inquiry.

Unfortunately, we are unable to ship products internationally.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you,
Norm

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
This question has been asked many times, including once by me. If you call Maglite's toll free number directly, they will send you two free ones.

This is EXACTLY my experience. I got replacement lenses and rubber switch covers for my D Mag light.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Seeing as they immediately offered to send me two rubber switch covers, this is very likely the high cost of international shipping which makes sense. The light does not give enough profit to deal with more than the 41 cents for domestic postage.

Regarding Wetterman's assessment that their lack of international free replacement of parts is a reflection of their service is just silly. There are very few if any companies that will send free replacement parts anywhere in the world with no proof of purchase...and only based on a phone call request.

My SF-L2 was way more expensive (& likely way more profit per item), but when I called to get a replacement O-Ring, they required my full purchase information and looked me up on their computer, before they sent me the wrong O-ring twice. Maglite did nothing other than say "sure, give me your mailing address."

Glen C

Enlightened
Lux, their agents in Australia, Sheldon and Hammond, treat us like crap. In the past they have refused to sell me spare parts at any price. Their suggestion "It's probably time to buy another torch" seems a bit poor when retail on a 6D was A$80 (US$65) and I needed a $2 part. It seems Maglite doesn't set minimum service standards internationally or even if the warranty has to be honoured.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
Given the number of times I have seen this same thread repeated, I'm wondering if we should have a spare/replacement parts "Sticky" thread?

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given the number of times I have seen this same thread repeated,.......
That's why when I'm ordering other parts, always order an extra 10 covers for $5. It's not that much extra on my order, but it saves other people a lot more than that in shipping if it's all they need.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Thank you Don, switch cover received. :twothumbs
Norm

I guess I can see Mag's point, but when our fellow flashaholics overseas pay so much for a Maglite, you hate to see that kind of response. I don't even see where they offered to send Norm one if he covered shipping. Just a blanket, "Nope, can't help you."

Don, great CPF spirit!!! I think I'll have to keep a few on hand, too, for just such an occasion. Our brother and sister flashaholics deserve better than Mag's answer! Well done, my friend!! :thumbsup: