• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wanted: Zebralight SC60W

cityevader

Enlightened
After a solid run of about 15 years of literal everyday use, having even kept it in mint condition, i finally, somehow, lost mine.

Warm LED, 18650, no strobe, sc60w...let me know if you have one and how much!

cityevader

Enlightened
I just spent a hundred dollars on a new SC64W HI to replace the lost SC60W...and am less than impressed.
It is smaller, MUCH more "dainty" feeling, and the "upgraded" output specs seem no better than the old one (without having a direct comparison.)

If someone says "I got one...for $200 it's your's" I would hem and haw...and then pay up.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might have one. I have something from what feels like a million years ago. First gen, I think it's more neutral than warm, but I think they were called warm back then.

How can I tell if it is the one you're looking for?

cityevader

Enlightened
I tried to find info on past models, but it isn't readily available. Got a pic? Is the UI
H1/H2, M1/M2, L1/L2?

After using my new one awhile, i was WAY OFF in my initial statements. The SC64w HI beam is indeed vastly superior in brightness...but gets too hot to hold within 30 seconds or so.
And after figuring out the programming to achieve the lowest low, that is now satisfactory.
Besides the distasteful feel of the exterior, the only remaining dislike is the UI...a few inadvertent clicks and it's easy to change things you don't want to, and i certainly won't carry the instructions in my pocket forever. The original UI of H1/H2, M1/M2, L1/L2 is perfect for me.

In summary, my initial emotional outburst of dealing with loss, combined with its replacement simply being different, has been tempered enormously. While I still want to buy the old model again, the desperation is gone.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I think about what I know of Zebralight history, I don't think what I have is what you're looking for. I think what I have is a H60W. It's a headlight. I might have that one 52 flashlight one that takes a single AA, but I don't think the UI works right on that one (possibly because I never used it every day).

tF9U7Qj.jpg

I just spent a hundred dollars on a new SC64W HI to replace the lost SC60W...and am less than impressed.
It is smaller, MUCH more "dainty" feeling, and the "upgraded" output specs seem no better than the old one (without having a direct comparison.)

If someone says "I got one...for $200 it's your's" I would hem and haw...and then pay up.
Yeah, 0.9 min - 260 max lumens vs 0.07 min - 1300 max lumens, etc. no noticeable difference. Exact same MSRP for updated light today as in 2011. In real dollars that's over $18 cheaper and you get 3 independent programmable sets, as well as the much wider lumens range, longer run time, and 1/2 oz weight savings. Don't mistake any size/shape difference for dainty. Nobody's breaking these tough lights. :clap:

Last edited:

cityevader

Enlightened
My initial statement of output was clouded by emotion and later corrected...i should have done a proper test in total darkness before typing that one part.

The programming aspect can be great for lots of folks...but some prefer simple UI without any chance of changing settings inadvertantly.

I absolutely stand by the "dainty" comment, however, as it feels almost plastic-y being lighter, thinner walled, and with rounded off edges, compared to the older version's thicker metal with crisp machining... particularly on the heatsink. The new one feels molded instead of machined.

Oh! And the new black is so awfully generic. The old matte, greenish color was a standout.

If i lost the new one, would i buy another? Absolutely.
Do i prefer to have the old one back, never having had the new one?
Absolutely.