Weapon light suggestion?

Sengoku1

Newly Enlightened
I want to get a tactical weapon light for a Semi Auto shotgun the Weatherby SA459. I want the light to have strobe and high bright and be able to accept a pressure switch. I was initially sold on the Elzetta ZFL-M60 but I believe that the strobe function is not available when hooked up to a remote pressure switch. I have done lots of research but cant find a light that has these capabilities. So does anyone know of a light that can be mounted to shotgun, has strobe function, and can accept a remote pressure switch and still have the strobe and light function? Thanks for any advice.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I want to get a tactical weapon light for a Semi Auto shotgun the Weatherby SA459. I want the light to have strobe and high bright and be able to accept a pressure switch. I was initially sold on the Elzetta ZFL-M60 but I believe that the strobe function is not available when hooked up to a remote pressure switch. I have done lots of research but cant find a light that has these capabilities. So does anyone know of a light that can be mounted to shotgun, has strobe function, and can accept a remote pressure switch and still have the strobe and light function? Thanks for any advice.

There may be others, but the Klarus XT11 has a strobe that can be hit from the pressure switch....the brightness can be raised or lowered as well from the switch.

Essentially, the pressure switch is a duplicate of the tail cap...so the entire light's operation is duplicated by the remote.

The XT11 has had no problems taking the recoil on the pump guns I have experience with.

Its a tactical UI, so it goes on in HIGH, and off again from the same button....plus has momentary. A second button changes modes. If you need strobe, you can even get it when the light is OFF by simply hitting the second button.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The G5 is a great weapon light, but, I don't remember being able to hit strobe with the pressure switch?

Is that a new feature?

Sengoku1

Newly Enlightened
Ok thanks for the current suggestions. I am going to call Elzetta to see if they have tail cap that can strobe with a pressure switch. I will check out the ones that you guys suggest.

Sengoku1

Newly Enlightened
oh jeez, I've been thinking about this weapon light issue for over 1 week. Part of me thinks to just forego the strobe function and just have flashlight. Less crapola to get in way and confuse me under stress.

dss_777

Enlightened
oh jeez, I've been thinking about this weapon light issue for over 1 week. Part of me thinks to just forego the strobe function and just have flashlight. Less crapola to get in way and confuse me under stress.

I think you're right. IMNSHO, leave the strobe function to the pros. Even then, I'm not sure there are many who think it's a useful function.

Some other thoughts here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?349732-Fenix-TK22-for-home-defense-shotgun