Welcome all divers!

3D87C4

Newly Enlightened
Just watched this side by side like a magic eye picture, looks awesome (though my eyeballs now hurt a bit). Where is it filmed?

That's my preferred way of watching, but it takes getting used to.

I dive in the Monterey CA area. That particular dive was at Point Lobos State Park south of Carmel.

Thanks for watching.

megnin

Newly Enlightened
Nice video! My wife and I started diving in Monterey and Carmel CA about ten years ago. We loved diving Point Lobos and Monastary Beach on the rare occasion when the waves weren't too high. We sure do miss diving in the kelp forests. I'm a PADI Divemaster. We live in Fort Lauderdale FL now and enjoy the warm water and near shore reefs.

I have a Light Cannon 100 and although it's a good light, it's a bit on the heavy side being powered by 8 C-Cells. Is there a smaller, lighter LED dive light that produces a comperable amount of light? The Light Cannon claims 450 Lumens and a Color Temperature of 6,000K.

3D87C4

Newly Enlightened

lucca brassi

Enlightened
it is normal aspherics lens (double color external ring ) out of focus ( shorter distance than focus distance )

tomhauburn

Newly Enlightened
My name is Tom Hundley and I am a cavern and cave photographer. I have been diving for about 10 years with OW training to DM Padi, Full Cave NACD , and Advanced Nitrox and Deco from TDI. I don't have a lot of lights. I have a 6deg Dive Rite 10 Watt as a primary, an Intova 200L, a Salvo Mini. Also have a bunch of OW lights from Princeton Tec setting around in a box. Looking to do Video and trying to find something to use with a GoPro3Black. Most all of my diving is Caves but will probably also do some ocean reef and wrecks soon for photos and video. Camera is a Nikon D200 with a Tokina 10-17 with Ik strobe. Borrow more if needed but need to buy more. Also have a bunch of old Sea and Sea Strobes not working. Would fix them for remotes if I can find out how and do it cheap enough but need optical remote firing solution. So there you have it a lot more wants than I can afford and if I can build something I am willing to try.

Psode27

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I am a newbie diver! I have logged about 8 dives I think and am looking to slowly creep up to paid advanced underwater (I realize it sounds funny with such few dives, and totally get that). I would like to have a dive light for deep dives and for night dives that may be in my near future. I thought this would be the logical place to start looking at lights! Nice to see divers here!

Sent from my fat fingered iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus Faber

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I've been lurking this forum for some time and now here I am.

I'm a underwater video enthusiast. I shot with a Panasonic GH2 in Nauticam housing and I have two FIX Aquavolt 3500.
I'm pretty happy with them even if light is not enough :)

Here a photo of my setup:

And a review of my lights I wrote on WP

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47462&hl=aquavolt3500

I would interested to build a new hi-power video light that can be handheld by the diver/model adding some depth to my shots.
I will post a request for suggestions soon.

Bye

Last edited:

chipsnfish

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone!

I currently reside in the sunny state of Hawaii on the island of Oahu. I've never modded a flashlight before, but I'm looking to get started in a custom light for my GoPro setup. GoPro Dive Lighting (Photo/video)

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

dborden0

Newly Enlightened
Hello fellow scuba divers! Like everyone else, I am here because I am trying to get a budget gopro lighting system put together. I am almost there, and just waiting on a couple of flashlights to arrive at my doorstep. It isn't pretty, but I don't have much invested in it! I mostly dive the Oregon coast, but head up to the Puget Sound for some diving up in Washington. I think it would be cool if we could get a thread with dive video from your setups along with information on what lights/equipment you are using.
Dan

DeStoken

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and I'm working on my first underwater light project right now! I have a little experience with Electroluminescent wire but beyond that I am a total noobie. I live in upstate NY with the dark water of lake erie so I need powerful light for that. I have 33 logged dives.

barchetta99

Newly Enlightened
When is enough light?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hi i'm a uk diver and used to poor visability.

I currently use a greenforce f2 and tristar head but am eager for more light.

I also have a tektite ls4 as backup.

I don't own a lathe but do have a soldering iron.

Anyone know what the latest views on led for these two torches are? i've looked through and most comments on the greenforce seem to be for older larger variants.

Jsub

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone.

I've been reading for while now all the interesting info that you provide about diving lights here.
I have only done minor mods up to now but hopefully i'll get to work on something "bigger".
I have already some stuff lying around and hopefully with your help i'll be able to create a nice diving light.

Cheers,
John

Dakine83

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I just got re certified for diving after a 6 year hiatus. As a result, I bought a gopro black, and the results so far... are underwhelming. I feel like a nice lighting rig could really help, and my googling has 'led' me here. (Get it?)

Anyways, been enjoying the forum so far and am hoping to place an order for my first 1-3 lights soon.

Thanks!
- Chris

bushy.243

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
I have been diving on and off since my late teens and have been lucky enough to dive all around Australia , Fiji and Thailand. For many years I used an Ikelite RCD which I still regard as the toughest Light I have ever owned. I carried a Princeton Tec Tec400 and Blast on every single dive in a BCD pocket.

Cheers Bushy

DeepSea

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I've been diving for over 20 years. I'm currently building my own dive light.

I've had the opportunity and resources to test the housing to over 700 feet. Now comes the hard part, installing the LED lighting. I've been reading on this forum for several days. The biggest thing I learned, is I know even less than I thought I knew :).

I live in Northern California and work in the Gulf of Mexico.

gverbist

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I'm Bist and from Belgium. Found this site because I want to build my own dive light.

foonanas

Newly Enlightened
Been looking around the site for a while and finally joined.. Been diving for about 6 years now.. I grew up on the coast of NC and should have been diving for 20 years. Looking into building my first dive light.. Built one light out of some spare pvc and LED's I had lying around and so far it works great. Only draw back is no on off switch!! LOL..