Western hemisphere eclipse this Saturday 2023-10-14

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Almost the entirety of the landmass of the western hemisphere will be able to see some of the eclipse this Saturday. I've secured shade 14 welding goggles for the event and planning to trek west of the DFW metro to get into the path of totality. Anyone else got plans?

If you miss it, there's also April 2024.

It seems like it was just a couple of years ago when we enjoyed the last one .... It was actually August 2017.

IMG_6129.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

idleprocess

Flashaholic
It seems like it was just a couple of years ago when we enjoyed the last one .... It was actually August 2017.
The nature of time - it subjectively accelerates.

The 2017 eclipse in my region was decidedly partial yet it still got eerily dark at peak. And yet so many just went about their business paying no mind to how dark it briefly got despite being a clear day.

"If the foolish humans want to slap this onto my face I guess I'll suffer it while they inexplicably stare at the sun."

The nature of time - it subjectively accelerates.
Indeed.
The 2017 eclipse in my region was decidedly partial yet it still got eerily dark at peak. And yet so many just went about their business paying no mind to how dark it briefly got despite being a clear day.
I didn't have the opportunity to observe any humans other than family.
"If the foolish humans want to slap this onto my face I guess I'll suffer it while they inexplicably stare at the sun."
Star was a willing and interested participant. Well, up to a point. Then, curiosity satisfied, it was time for a nap.
IMG_6137.JPG

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Circumstances did not allow for a trip to west Texas, however I enjoyed the mere ~80% occlusion from my front yard. Vegetation produces countless pinhole images to enjoy:
1697305310063.png

One never knows if circumstances were lifesaving. :bowdown:

Cool photograph! 😎

Nice masonry! 👍👍

Occlusion - Great word. I had to L@@K it up. 🧐

ə-kloo͞′zhən

noun

1. The process of occluding.
  2. Something that occludes.
  3. An obstruction of an anatomical passage, as of an artery by plaque.