solar eclipse

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cloudy here and not in totality zone, the event was novel but not intriguing. I managed a few glances (1-2 seconds at at time) with the glasses, just in case they were not up to spec. Light was reduced but nowhere near darkness, more like late evening. I noticed a drop in temperature. Afterwards, sunlight came back and all was about as usual.

Dave

Monocrom

Flashaholic
We had an earthquake the same week as the eclipse, here in New York City. Measured a 4.8 on the Richter scale. Lasted just a few seconds. Everything shook.... and was literally more exciting than the solar eclipse.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cloudy here and not in totality zone, the event was novel but not intriguing. I managed a few glances (1-2 seconds at at time) with the glasses, just in case they were not up to spec. Light was reduced but nowhere near darkness, more like late evening. I noticed a drop in temperature. Afterwards, sunlight came back and all was about as usual.

Dave

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Dave
That post was worth repeating. 👍

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had an earthquake the same week as the eclipse, here in New York City. Measured a 4.8 on the Richter scale. Lasted just a few seconds. Everything shook.... and was literally more exciting than the solar eclipse.
I felt it up here near Boston. House swayed back and forth for about 5-10 seconds. Flashlights didn't even fall over. I think the last one we had was about 20 years ago and a little stronger.

Latest posts